• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator CC2020(v24.1.1) slow performance on Windows 10

Engaged ,
Apr 20, 2020 Apr 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recently I restarted my computer (not Reset), and when it logged back in I tried opening an Illustrator file, and now the program lags SOOO much. It finally opened, and there are a few small tasks that go fairly smooth, but adding Styles, transforming, adjusting Artboard and many many other tasks nearly freeze the program. When doing these tasks, the "progress bar flashes on the screen, completing after a small amount of time each time one comes up... but the issue is that the progress bar comes up 20 times for each task (Give or take a couple). EDIT ADDITIONAL INFO: I just tested something and confirmed. Taking an image from 1860x620px and resizing it to 300x100px took 4mins with 17 successive progress bars. The image is pretty basic, consisting of a logo and a company title. Each letter of the title is "released" as independant shapes, each with styles applied. I changed the image from CMYK to Rgb. The process took 7 mins, during which time the program nearly froze twice (Not Responding). The change from CMYK to RGB did not improve anything.

This did NOT happen before restarting. It was very very smooth. There were no updates (system or otherwise) when restarting, and there were no patches or uninstalls.

I have made sure the program and the Adobe Creative Cloud app are up to date. I also Uninstalled Ilustrator and reinstalled. This did not fix the problem.

This issue is specific to Illustrator. After Effects, Photoshop, Bridge, and Lightroom work fine.

Does anyone know anything about this?

Illustrator version: 24.1.1

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Aug 08, 2022 Aug 08, 2022

So, after a whole day trying to fix it i found out that Adobe Bridge was causing the probrem, Creative Cloude Descktop Installed it without asking me, so i unistalled it and no more lag or crashes

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Apr 21, 2020 Apr 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your experience. Please try resetting the preferences of Illustrator. Follow the instructions below to do that:

• Close all Adobe applications. 
  • Go to Location C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\Adobe 
  • Rename  Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Illustrator 24 Settings folders to Adobe Illustrator.old and Adobe Illustrator 24 Settings.old 
  • Launch Illustrator from the Creative Cloud. 

**Please note that resetting preferences will remove all the custom settings and Illustrator will launch with default settings. This way all your old settings will be saved in .old folders and Illustrator will recreate new folders with default settings. 

Let us know if it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 22, 2020 Apr 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately there is no improvement. I did close all Adobe Applications, but I did not go into Task Manager and close all the processes. Before posting about this problem and trying to uninstall, I did try to close all Adobe processes, but there was one that would not close. I try to end, it would instantly pop right back up. IPC... CEP...? can't remeber specifically.

EDIT: Just remembered, it's Adobe CEF Helper that I couldn't end. Anyway, It's still lagging a LOT. Do you or anyone else have any other suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 23, 2020 Apr 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know Im not giving much information to go by, but I really need more ideas. I don't want to, but if I can't get this cleared up by Saturday, Im going to have to uninstall all Adobe programs from my computer and reinstall them in hopes that it'll do the job.  Its gonna be a pain 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 08, 2022 Aug 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im haveing the same issue and when i open the preferences tab, a pop up junps in my screen saying "Progress. In process..." with a progress bar that never gets to the end, and this pop up doesnt let me change the settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Luís Henrique de Almeida,

We are sorry for the trouble. This has been reported on multiple posts by many users. We have logged a bug with the product team and will like to investigate the issue further. Would you mind sharing a few details like:

Also, someone recently contacted the support team and resetting Illustrator preferences resolved the issue for him. If that doesn't help, you may roll back and install the older v26.3.1.

Looking forward to your responses.

Thanks & Regards,
Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reseting preferences kinda fixed my problem, the crashs stoped but Illustrator still laggy.
At least now i can work again, thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just found out that Illustrator is open and i open Discord, it crashs.
If Discord is already open, Illustrator opens and crashs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, after a whole day trying to fix it i found out that Adobe Bridge was causing the probrem, Creative Cloude Descktop Installed it without asking me, so i unistalled it and no more lag or crashes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad to hear you were able to resolve the issue. Please feel free to reach out if you run into any other questions or issues in the future. We'd be happy to help. Thanks!

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines