Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator Cloud Saves w/ Placed Images

Community Beginner ,
Feb 11, 2023 Feb 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm considering switching from saving on the computer to saving in the cloud. Will saving in the cloud automatically collect and move my placed images so they are available? Or will they show up as missing? I hope I've described that well enough haha. Just hoping Adobe cloud saves move all assets, but can't find information on this. Thanks!

TOPICS
Sync and storage

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, it won't automatically collect your assets.

The only feature that can automatically collect the assets is "Package". But it doesn't create Cloud files.

Also you can of course embed all files when saving, but personally I wouldn't do that, because they get converted into the document color mode and of course updating or editing them doesn't get easier that way. And again: it's not possible when saving to the Cloud (because saving AIC files doesn't have an "options" dialog box)

Also: there are 2 ways of working "in the Cloud":

- keep all your files in your Creative Cloud folder and just save AI files

- Save to the Cloud and save as AIC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 21, 2023 Feb 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for getting back to me so quickly on this, I apprecaite your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you choose to deselect "Link" when placing images you will always embed them in the Illustratrator document, whether you save them on your hard disk or as a cloud document.

But the cloud document gives no choice but to embed the files, unless they are Photoshop cloud documents (.psdc) that can be linked.

But if you want to use your Illustrator cloud document in InDesign, you are out of luck,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for your help on this, I'm still learning a lot with this program and your response lead me down a path of learning several new things. I appreciate it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Good to hear that helped. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines