• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator color not matching, even with exact same codes

Community Beginner ,
Jun 30, 2022 Jun 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So i have my company's colors saved in my cc library, however when i go back to work on old files and add new objects with the same swatch i used originally, the swatch box always gives me "?" even though both objects are the EXACT same color codes. And when i say "old", im talking a file i made 2 weeks ago. im attaching screenshots as proof. alllll values are identical. this happens almost every time and i end up having to correct every individual asset because im afraid the color has changed somehow. im using the cmyk swatch in the cmyk document and same for rgb etc etc. so it shouldnt be an issue related to color mode ( i dont think ) and trust me, i only have those two items selected, nothings strangely grouped or anything. is this common? or should i be concerned or?

TOPICS
Bug , Draw and design , Print and publish

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Those swatches are saved as single swatches in the library?

Spot colors or process?

Can you show us screenshots with color and swatches panel, please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

correct, single swatches. theyre all process colors. i believe i only have my dieline swatch as a spot color. i have my cmyk library and rgb library. obviously one use whatever one the document is. im not sure. i never use the eye dropper or manually type in the colors. every single time i choose the saved swatch. but its like the document forgets that the colors are from my swatches. i dont understand how every value can be identical, but theyre being read as different values. thank you for the response, im sure its just user error but, not sure what im doing wrong haha.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

only use* not "one use"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

did you check the color settings? Is the working color profile the same now as was before?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes correct. cmyk document.. always has been.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I mean ICC profile, not color mode.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It may be rounding values. The Color Picker shows rounded values, but the Color Panel may show fractional values.

Can you compare the two?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines