Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator Colors Dull

New Here ,
Oct 26, 2022 Oct 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I just opened my Illustrator and my colors are all of a sudden dull. I have not changed my colour settings and have made sure my document is in RGB mode. Below I have attached my colour settings.

Please help!

Screenshot 2022-10-26 at 6.50.04 PM.png

TOPICS
Bug , Draw and design , Import and export , Performance , Print and publish

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 02, 2022 Nov 02, 2022

Hi @aidanm7301245,

We have investigated the issue, and it has been found reproducible on our end too, on Apple Silicon running on macOS Ventura only. This is acknowledged and will be worked on by developers in future updates.

Currently, workarounds to this are to use CPU preview or run the app under rosetta/ Intel with GPU or CPU preview.

Please check this UserVoice and upvote it: https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/601447-illustrator-desktop-bugs/suggestions/45876907-macos-...

Than

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First of all you need to turn on all he warnings. Yes, it will be getting on your nerves. But yes, you really want to know when profiles don't match.

Please tell us about your hardware. Computer, monitor.

Is any color proofing turned on in Illustrator?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My computer is a M1 Macbook Pro 2021, also I do not have any proofing turned on

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 27, 2022 Oct 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an M1 as well and have never seen that issue.

Please tell us about the file. Did the color values change? What's in the file? Did you create it? has it been opened somewhere else? What did you last create in the file before it happened?

Which color profile is assigned to the file?

Did the Mac have a system update?

Can you check the color profile that is assigned to the monitor?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 02, 2022 Nov 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @aidanm7301245,

We have investigated the issue, and it has been found reproducible on our end too, on Apple Silicon running on macOS Ventura only. This is acknowledged and will be worked on by developers in future updates.

Currently, workarounds to this are to use CPU preview or run the app under rosetta/ Intel with GPU or CPU preview.

Please check this UserVoice and upvote it: https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/601447-illustrator-desktop-bugs/suggestions/45876907-macos-...

Thanks,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines