• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator colours change when switching to secondary monitor

Advocate ,
Dec 03, 2021 Dec 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Only in Illustrator - colours change when I switch illustrator from my primary monitor to my secondary monitor.

With both AI colour modes. RGB/CMYK makes no difference.

The monitors are fully calibrated. All colours in all images opened outside of AI are exactly the same. Also no problem with Photoshop or other applications. Only AI. Colour profiles are syncronised in CC.

Am I missing a setting somewhere?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Dec 04, 2021 Dec 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Dec 04, 2021 Dec 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Ton. The problem is similar but the solution is not relevant here.

"… looks "off" on the portion now starting to appear on the second screen, and when it's completely onto the second monitor, it changes to assume the display profile of that monitor". This happens with all items as I move them across from one screen to another, yes. But only Illustrator will change signifiantly when it is fully on the second monitor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Dec 11, 2021 Dec 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also the same thing happens with Acrobat.

Photoshop, other applications, viewers, etc all perform as they should with consistent colour on both monitors.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 27, 2022 Apr 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Found the solution below on another webste and it worked for me.

"Go to "Edit"->"Color Settings" and change the Settings to "Monitor Color". For me it was set to "North America General Purpose 2". After changing it to "Monitor Color", I then had the same colors on both my monitors finally."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 29, 2022 Apr 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you set the RGB working space to "Monitor Color"?

If so, that was a very bad advice wherever you found it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 03, 2023 Aug 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just adding to this query as I am having the same trouble. 

When I drag an illustrator file from my monitor to my laptop screen, the colours change (or their vibrancy changes).

The monitor has no trouble showing these colours as when I screenshot the file on my laptop display and view this screenshot on the monitor I can see the colour difference. Colour setting adjustments have not helped. I have attached the screenshots of the 2 different displays.

Screen Shot 2023-08-04 at 11.43.04 am.pngScreen Shot 2023-08-04 at 11.43.11 am.png
Any more ideas? 
Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 25, 2024 Mar 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, did you ever figure out a solution to this? Experiencing the same and can't seem to find one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Did you calibrate Your Displays?

I am not sure that you can synchronize colors in Creative Cloud, but you can in

Adobe Bridge >> Edit  >> Color Settings

Screen Shot 2024-03-25 at 7.28.09 PM.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines