• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator column graph labels dropping decimal places

Community Beginner ,
Oct 11, 2022 Oct 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Creating charts for financial documents and have created a custom sliding column design to display column values above each column in my graph.

In the setup for the number value display you determine the number of digits to display before and after the decimal place (in my case %12 - or one digita before and two after).

The problem is, Illustrator seems to drop ny trailing zeros, so I end up with a variety of different number formats (a real no no in financial documents). (see attached images)

Is there a workaround here? Why would Ilustrator let you define values for digits before and after the decimal, if it's just going to ignore it? Surely this is a common design pattern?

TOPICS
Bug , Draw and design

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Oct 12, 2022 Oct 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you gone through all this info..?

https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/illustrator/using/graphs.html 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 12, 2022 Oct 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There is only one section that I've seen that discusses the use of column totals and number precision.

(I am using %12 to represent number values with one digit before and two decimal positions after.)

Click and type a percent sign (%) followed by two digits from 0 to 9. The digits control how the data is displayed.

The first digit determines how many places appear before the decimal point. For example, if your total was 122, a digit of 3 would display 122. If you enter 0 for the first digit, the program adds the number of places necessary for the value.

The second digit determines how many places appear after the decimal point. Zeros are added as necessary, and values are rounded up or down as necessary. You can vary these numbers, depending on how many digits you need.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines