• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator Constantly freezing/not responding.

New Here ,
Mar 05, 2023 Mar 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Illustrator has been constantly freezing and not responding for days. Can't even open the app now. I've tried repairing, uninstalling, reinstalling. I thought it might be because of a dodgy font (changeling neo) but I can't even find it to get rid of it (not in font file or registry. Can see it in Font Settings but there's no uninstall button). Now a message has come up saying "the embedded colour profile in this document will be discarded" but still can't open the document. How do I fix this please?

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 05, 2023 Mar 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please tell us your version number, system and hardware configuration.

Is it just a specific file or all files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 06, 2023 Mar 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello @katieb44008279,

We are sorry to hear about this experience. Are you able to launch Illustrator now? If not, kindly try fixing font issues (Windows / macOS) and then relaunching Illustrator to check if it helps.

Also, if you are having trouble with specific files in Illustrator, kindly share them (https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator-discussions/share-your-files-in-6-simple-steps/td-p/12967...), the exact version of the OS/Illustrator installed and system configuration (CPU/GPU/Memory) so we can check it on our end.

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines