Exit

Illustrator: copy and paste problems/questions

New Here ,
Oct 28, 2021 Oct 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi community, 

I have questions/issues about using copy and paste on Illustrator V26.0:

1. When I try to copy a group of objects (include texts), when I paste them, it only shows the texts without formatting (as the screenshot below). It only happens when I select the texts while doing copy and paste. 

Screenshot 2021-10-28 at 18.12.38.png

2. The Paste in Place function doesn't work as well. It seems like everytime I do copy and paste, the objects just go anywhere on the artboard, or just don't show up.

I only start experiencing these issues today. I've tried to reset the preference, restart my laptop, and reinstal the illustrator, but none of them work for me. 

Can anyone please give me some advices on how to solve these problem?
Thanks in advance. 

TOPICS
Bug , Tools , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried to reset the preference, restart my laptop, and reinstal the illustrator, but none of them work for me.

Assuming you did those things correctly (for instance, reinstalling won't change anything unless you first uninstall using Adobe's Cleaner tool), the next thing I'd start looking at is fonts. Does it happen with a particular font, or with every font?

One more thing: In V26.0, there's a new "Paste Text Without Formatting" option in Preferences > Clipboard Handling. Check that setting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thanks for the reply. 

It happenes with every font I've tried. 

I also tried to click around on the Clipboard Handling, but I still have the same issue. Here's my setting: 

Screenshot 2021-10-28 at 20.49.49.png

Thanks a lot for the help, and I hope I will find a way to solve it!

Thanks again.

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Okay well there it is; un-tick Paste Text Without Formatting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines