• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator copy issue. Windows 10

New Here ,
Nov 18, 2022 Nov 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having an issue thast causes copy to stop working in illustrator. It will work then stop working then start working again at random. I don't use any additional clipboard apps and have tried editing the file handling preferences to no avail. I also closed all system tray programs but again the issue persits. The issue is limited to illustrator and was not resolved after the latest update. I have found some threads on this but no solutions that work. It really slows down the pace at which I can work. Any help appreciated.

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it just one doc, or happening for all?

If the former you probably have a corrupt item somewhere in the doc. You could save out as pdf then reopen, of it that fails try eps, although you may loose some control of text handling and pixel rendered items...

If the latter, I'd suggest you use the Cleaner Tool. Read info here: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's all docs, I will try the cleaner tool. Thanks for the advice!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How much free HD Space do you have?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Does this happen when you use the keyboard shortcut or also when selecting copy from the menu?

If so check your keyboard. And check if something else snatches commands. A lot of software can interfere.

Do you have a clipbaord enhancer installed in your system? Something that provides more slots on the clipboard or else?

You can also try and uncheck the SVG option for the clipboard in preferences.

Is there perhaps an overzealous antivirus interfering?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines