• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator could partially read this file - V 24.3, macOS

New Here ,
Oct 26, 2020 Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I realize this has been posted before, but I thought this issue was old and had been solved? My current version is 24.3, will I have to revert to 24.0? I noticed there is a 25.0 version now, but I'll have to update my macOS. Has this issue been fixed in 25.0? It'd be nice to know. 

I get this message, "Illustrator could partially read this file", about every other time I try opening most files now, and it seems to be happening more frequently. Just asking so I know which versions are working for others. 

Thanks! 

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 25, 2020 Dec 25, 2020

Hi there, 

We're so sorry to hear about this trouble. I am hopeful that the issue was fixed. If not, will it possible for you to share a few sample files. We have noticed these issues are happing with Mac operating systems and same files open fine on a Windows machine. This is still under investigation.

Feel free to let us know if you still need assistance. We'd be happy to help.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What kind of files?

Exactly where have they been saved?

Exactly how do you open them?

Is a printer connected, set up as the default printer and turned on? Printer driver up to date?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry if I don't completely understand your questions:
Illustrator Files 
Desktop
I open them from my desktop or directly from Illustrator 
I've never printed from Illustrator, but I do have one connected. Would that still affect anything? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 27, 2020 Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not having a printer connected does affect opening as well as saving files.

I assume you reboot the computer regularly?

Anything special about the files? Do they have a huge filesize or something like that?

Are there linked images in them? Where are those images located?

Do the files open in Acrobat?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That’s unfortunate! I hope the software doesn’t become completely reliant on a connection to a printer. I never print from my computer. 
I restart my computer often. 

There’s nothing special about the files, some are large some aren’t. 

Some files have linked images, some don’t. The images that are linked are on my desktop right now.

They do open in Acrobat.  

It happens regardless if I’m opening big/small, old/new, with/without image files. I haven’t found a pattern. And this has never happened before, so I’m assuming it’s related to the last update?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I hope the software doesn’t become completely reliant on a connection to a printer. "

I have bad news for you: It has already been for the last 15 years or so. Issues with missing printers are going around in this forum regularly at least twice a week.

For most of those people the issue is solved, when they connect a printer, turn their printer on, update the printer driver, re-assign the printer in the system or install a PDF printer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah ok, thanks! I'm going to double-check everything printer related. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 25, 2020 Dec 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, 

We're so sorry to hear about this trouble. I am hopeful that the issue was fixed. If not, will it possible for you to share a few sample files. We have noticed these issues are happing with Mac operating systems and same files open fine on a Windows machine. This is still under investigation.

Feel free to let us know if you still need assistance. We'd be happy to help.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 07, 2021 Jul 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have several files I can share that will open sometimes but usually I get this error. I have the latest OS, plenty of HD space and ram (32g) and a dedicated graphics card w 3g. This is a 3 month old iMac with an i9. This is creating a huge problem for me at work right now. The exact same file will give me this error. I then moved it from a local folder to the desktop and it opened fine. Then later the same day I recieved the error. I move it to another folder and restart it opens!!

Please help ASAP....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 07, 2021 Jul 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I am sorry to hear this experience. Could you please share a few of these files with us? We can try to recover them. You can upload it to the Creative Cloud (https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/share.html) and share the download link. 

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2021 Sep 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am newly having the same issues. Only no matter what I do, the file only recovers the first artboard. I even tried opening it in acrobat, saving as a pdf and then opening in Illustrator. That just gives me the simple message "could not open file". This is effecting my job as well and my IT dept is not sure how to help me. The file is too big to email and under confidentiality I don't know if I'm even allowed to share for trouble shooting. I have lost 2 days of work and am now trying to rebuild what I had done because my deadline has passed. Help!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2021 Oct 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same problem here. My file is heavy but not that heavy that illustrator starts to malfunction like this and affect work. Adobe please fix this issue pronto. Jobs may be lost. 😭

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines