Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Illustrator could partially read this file

New Here ,
Nov 22, 2021 Nov 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After updating to illustrator 26.0.1, I now get the warning that "Illustrator could partially read this file."

I've been through all of the other discussions and tried everything to fix this, including:

Reseting preferences

Restarting computer

Reinstall AI

Go back to previous version.

Put secondary scratch disk as Mac HD

Checked printer driver

Happens on both my home and office computer, both on different Mac OS's

If I close Illustrator and reopen I can sometimes open the files, but then if I try to open another one to pull stuff from, that one fails to open , or if I close all windows and try to open while illustrator is still up, it will fail. The files are 200-500mb saved in a folder synced to dropbox, but I've put them directly on the desktop also with no success.

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 22, 2021 Nov 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Illustrator files should not be 200mb, even for large scale graphics,  you probably need to practice

1. Import images as .PSD and LINK not embed
  2. Save as and turn OFF pdf compatible (Unless you are placing in InDesign or AE)

Damaging pof files rarely happens, but most every time has been with pdf on. How are you other files doing?

Try opening the corrupted file in an older version of Ilustrator or post a dropbox link and we can try to open and resave for you with PDF off.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 26, 2021 Nov 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what version did you have before the update? can you try to downgrade to that version, and try open the same file.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 26, 2021 Nov 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It was AI 2021. I tried that, even went back further than that and tried. Still nothing. I completely uninstalled Creative cloud and reinstalled it, Nothing.
It's not even one specific file, but only the larger files. If I quit illustrator I can open one of them but def not two. Then the next day I can open the same files that were giving me headaches the day before with no problem.

Thanks,

Tom Brouhard | Totally Tan & Spa | Graphic Designer

(personal details removed by moderator)

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines