• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator could partially read this file

New Here ,
Nov 22, 2021 Nov 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After updating to illustrator 26.0.1, I now get the warning that "Illustrator could partially read this file."

I've been through all of the other discussions and tried everything to fix this, including:

Reseting preferences

Restarting computer

Reinstall AI

Go back to previous version.

Put secondary scratch disk as Mac HD

Checked printer driver

Happens on both my home and office computer, both on different Mac OS's

If I close Illustrator and reopen I can sometimes open the files, but then if I try to open another one to pull stuff from, that one fails to open , or if I close all windows and try to open while illustrator is still up, it will fail. The files are 200-500mb saved in a folder synced to dropbox, but I've put them directly on the desktop also with no success.

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Nov 22, 2021 Nov 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Illustrator files should not be 200mb, even for large scale graphics,  you probably need to practice

1. Import images as .PSD and LINK not embed
  2. Save as and turn OFF pdf compatible (Unless you are placing in InDesign or AE)

Damaging pof files rarely happens, but most every time has been with pdf on. How are you other files doing?

Try opening the corrupted file in an older version of Ilustrator or post a dropbox link and we can try to open and resave for you with PDF off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 26, 2021 Nov 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what version did you have before the update? can you try to downgrade to that version, and try open the same file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 26, 2021 Nov 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It was AI 2021. I tried that, even went back further than that and tried. Still nothing. I completely uninstalled Creative cloud and reinstalled it, Nothing.
It's not even one specific file, but only the larger files. If I quit illustrator I can open one of them but def not two. Then the next day I can open the same files that were giving me headaches the day before with no problem.

Thanks,

Tom Brouhard | Totally Tan & Spa | Graphic Designer

(personal details removed by moderator)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 27, 2021 Nov 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your experience. As asked by @Mike_Gondek, would it be possible for you to share some documents with us and please share your system specification with us?

This information will help us investigate the issue further. We will be looking forward to your response.

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2021 Nov 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I packaged 3 of the files into this link. I can open all of them, but if I close one and try to reopen, it gives me the error. then I have to close illustrator and reopen the file by double clicking or right clicking and "open with".

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/b5kun81d22bb480/AAA6eupcUkyK8Gscfe0VptkUa?dl=0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 01, 2021 Dec 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing the files. I checked these files on my Mac and was getting the same error on v26.0.1 but not on v25.4.2.

Also, we have tried to address this issue in our latest Prerelease build, v26.0.2.

Please follow the instructions below to get this:
1. If you are not already part of the Illustrator Prerelease program, then please click this link to join the prerelease – https://www.adobeprerelease.com/beta/85A6F544-2705-49BD-8314-DD549C6A1713
2. Accept Prerelease Agreement
3. Go to Creative Cloud Desktop and look for Prerelease in the Apps section.
4. Install/Update to Illustrator Prerelease 26.0.2 from Creative Cloud Desktop Pre-Release Tab (This will not replace the existing installation of Release build of Illustrator)

Please let us know whether this issue is fixed for you in this prerelease build or not.

This build also contains fixes for stability, security, and some other reported issues.

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Dec 01, 2021 Dec 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

prerelease beta testers wanted...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2021 Dec 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Anshul,

I followed the link, and accepted the PreRelease Agreement and then went to "Beta Apps", installed and then tried to open, but got a pop-up warning. See attached.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 02, 2021 Dec 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for checking this out. It is a Prerelease, not a Beta release. Please try the below suggestions to resolve this:

1. "Check for Updates" option in the Updates section of the Creative Cloud Desktop app.
  2. If you have not signed in to adobeprerelese.com recently, then sign in and accept Prerelease Agreement.
  3. Make sure you are using the same Adobe ID in Creative Cloud as the one used to join pre-release.
  4.  Sign out of the creative cloud. Restart your system. Sign-in into the Creative Cloud and try the 1st steps.

I hope it helps!

Anshul_Saini_0-1638477664338.png

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2021 Dec 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did that. PreRelease still doesn't come up. Do I need to download the SDK download. I clicked "Check for updates" and logged out, then restarted, then signed in, but nothing. I used the same email. Any help...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 03, 2021 Dec 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for trying the steps. You don't have to download SDK. I will like to know if you are using a business account or a personal account? Also, you may uninstall Creative Cloud using the CC Cleaner tool & reinstall it from here.

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 08, 2021 Dec 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, so I've been away fo about a week an when I came back, the prerelease was available. It's still doing it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 09, 2021 Dec 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for trying that. I checked the files you shared earlier with us, and I was able to open them all in the prerelease version. Are there any other files that are not opening? Could you please share them with us?

Anshul_Saini_0-1639081745433.png

Anshul_Saini_1-1639081880665.png

Anshul_Saini_2-1639081969845.png

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2021 Dec 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is the thing. I can open those too, but then I can't. I can still work and open one file at a time, but when (and not always) I open another one it does it. Or, if I close all tabs, then try to open a large file it does it. It's kind of random but not.

Thanks,

Tom Brouhard | Totally Tan & Spa | Graphic Designer
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential or proprietary information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, immediately contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 24, 2021 Dec 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I changed the files in question to uncheck  "Create PDF Compatible file" and I made sure all files were linked not embedded, as someone suggested, but that didn't help either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 18, 2022 Mar 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @totallytan,

This issue is again addressed in v26.1, released last week. Please let us know if you are still facing the issue and share the download link to the files here or via DM.

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines