• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator could partialy read this file

New Here ,
Feb 22, 2022 Feb 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My laptop went off when I was in the process of saving my illustrator file due to battery issues of my laptop. The laptop is on but Illustrator says could partially read the file. we recovered as much of the file as possible, but some content might be missing. Open to view the recovered file, but the recovered file doesn't open instead it says Acrobat PDF file format is having difficulties. Expected a dict object

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Feb 22, 2022 Feb 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Power out while saving a file is the worst possible moment for power out, because it will 99,99999% ruin your file.

Can you still open your file in Acrobat?

Then there is a slight chance of saving *some*thing. It won't be your original objects, you probably won't be able to edit much, but you won't have to start from scratch.

Perhaps @Anshul_Saini can try to help you, but there is not a lot of hope.

Do you have a backup? And if not: why not?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 01, 2022 Mar 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Essang232781564nqt,

We are sorry to hear about this. I agree with @Monika Gause. There is a high probability that the file is not recoverable now. However, you may upload it to CC, Dropbox, Google Drive, or any similar service and share the download link here or via DM. I must also inform you that file recovery can't be generated with 100% success. We'll surely try our best.

Thanks & Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 03, 2022 Aug 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Anshul_Saini , I'm currently facing the same problem on my Ai file. Can you help me with this issue? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 19, 2022 Sep 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Basil255013353q5o,

I am sorry for the delayed response. Would you mind uploading the file to CC, Dropbox, Google Drive, or any similar service and sharing the download link here or via DM with me? I must inform you that file recovery can't be guaranteed with 100% success. We'll surely try our best.

Kindly update the discussion if you still need assistance with it, or send a personal message to me. I'd be happy to help.

Thanks & Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Mar 01, 2022 Mar 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does it open in Acrobat?

If it does save as .eps and open in Illy - you'll loose all the transparency but you might rescue enough to make it worth while.

Alternatively, open the recovered file in Distiller - same transparency caveat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines