Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator crash with Monterey 12.3.1

Community Beginner ,
May 05, 2022 May 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I can't open any file with Illustrator by either dragging and dropping, right clicking and "open>Illustrator 2022", or by selecting the "file>open>"whichever file. None of these options work and I can't create a new file in Illustrator either. Any of these actions results in the colour wheel of doom circling forever and the "(not responding)" note next to the Illustrator icon in the dashboard. I'm using Mac with Monterey 12.3.1

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, I've tried resetting my preferences, and using the Adobe Apps cleanup tool, and NOTHING has solved this issue. Please help.

TOPICS
Bug , Feature request , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 05, 2022 May 05, 2022

Hello @Tania24335002is5a,

We are sorry for the trouble. Several users have reported this issue: We would like to investigate the issue further. I would request you to share a couple of log files with us:

• SPX file by following these steps:
    Click on Apple Icon > About this Mac > System Report
    This will launch the System Profiler
    Then Click File > Save >

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
May 05, 2022 May 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @Tania24335002is5a,

We are sorry for the trouble. Several users have reported this issue: We would like to investigate the issue further. I would request you to share a couple of log files with us:

• SPX file by following these steps:
    Click on Apple Icon > About this Mac > System Report
    This will launch the System Profiler
    Then Click File > Save > Save in Creative Cloud Files
    Then open https://assets.adobe.com/files
    Click on three dots next to SPX file > Share > Copy Link and paste it into a private message.

Once you collect these logs, then you may try turning off GPU performance from Illustrator preferences and let us know if it works for you or not. 

This information will be really helpful for us. I am looking forward to your response.

Thanks,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 06, 2022 May 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Anshul_Saini,

These steps worked; I'm able to create a new document and import files to Illustrator now. Thanks for the quick response and help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for confirming @Tania24335002is5a. I am glad to hear it worked for you.

Were you able to collect the logs before resolving the issue by turning off GPU performance? If yes, please share the download links to the logs with me here or via DM.

It would be really helpful for us.

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, @Tania24335002is5a. I really appreciate you getting back to me and sharing the log.

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm dealing with the exact same issue after trying multiple solutions as well. I'd like to try turning off GPU performance but how am I even able to if I cant even get the application to launch? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 11, 2022 May 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Lourdes5FBB,

We are sorry about the crashing. I know that's really frustrating. I am afraid your crash issue is different from the one discussed here, as Illustrator is not launching/ opening at your end. I would be happy to assist you. Would you mind sharing a few details like:

• The exact version of macOS & Illustrator
  • Please submit the crash report by following the steps suggested here (https://helpx.adobe.com/in/indesign/kb/submit-crash-reports.html).

While submitting the crash report, please use the same email address with which you are signed in on this community. This will help us find the crash report and help accordingly.

• When did this start happening? Are there any recent changes made to your system? For example, any antivirus, system updates, plugins, or web extensions installed recently.

Also, I would suggest you try the steps suggested in this help article  & try running the app in the root user account and share your observation.

I will be looking forward to your response.

Thanks & Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines