• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator crashes every time I try to select Art brushes on iPad.

New Here ,
Feb 20, 2022 Feb 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been having an issue the last two weeks that when I try to select Art brushes in Illustrator on my iPad App, it crashes.  I can only choose a select few brushes in calligraphy also but need help to fix this please.  Thanks!

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Feb 21, 2022 Feb 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Hellerink,

are you using the latest version of Adobe Illustrator? On which iPad are you running it? Does this problem only occur when you select brushes?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 22, 2022 Feb 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

I am using the latest version of Illustrator on a 10.2 inch iPad 7th generation and yes, just when I try to select art brushes on a certain piece.  I can select it on some other older ones now but I don't know why this one is giving me an issue.  I created the file using Illustrator on my MacBook Pro and saved it to the creative cloud to work on with ny iPad.  Nothing I haven't done before without issue.  

Thanks!

Alysa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 23, 2022 Feb 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All art brushes or just some?

Did you create them yourself and if so, just how complex are they?

Did you already try and reboot the iPad? Close down everything and reboot it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 23, 2022 Feb 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It crashes when I open Brushes and choose "Art" and I have not created any.  I rebooted and even did the latest update on the iPad but it's still happening.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 24, 2022 Feb 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So when there are art brushes present, this doesn't happen? It only happens when there are no art brushes?

Then maybe report that as a bug?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 27, 2022 Feb 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you.  I did, trying to work around it but it's frustrating and I'm trying to finish a logo for someone so I'm on a time crunch. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines