• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator crashes every time it is opened

New Here ,
Apr 05, 2023 Apr 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every time I open Illustrator and click my mouse, it crashes and closes. I don't know why it keeps on doing this, but it is literally one of the most frustrating things I have probably ever experienced on my computer. I have tried deleting and re-installing Illustrator, updating it, and everything else Adobe suggests that you do. 

Please can I have some help with this? 

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please tell us your version and system.

Does your system meet the requirements? https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/system-requirements.html

Do you perhaps have a lot of fonts installed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jenny28510539catv_0-1680759085151.png

My version is up to date and my system definitely meets the requirements.

I can't understand why it keeps crashing. Please help me! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 06, 2023 Apr 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please tell us the details of your system and hardware?

Does the crash only happen after you click the mouse?

What happens with a different mouse?

Do you run any third party plugins?

Any additional hardware plugged in? A tablet? Someother input device?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running the latest version of Windows on a Dell XPS laptop. 

I don't have to click the mouse for it to crash. I just have to open it, and about 2 seconds after opening, it will say that it is not responding.

Jenny28510539catv_0-1680789908526.png

Then I will wait a few more seconds, and it will automatically close down and this window will pop up.

Jenny28510539catv_1-1680789936346.png

I do not run any third party plugins. I do not have anything plugged in. I have a keyboard and mouse via bluetooth, but Illustrator has worked with both of them in the past, so I don't think it's to do with that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have a lot of fonts installed?

Does it work when you set up a new user on the PC and then use that account?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have not installed any new fonts. The only fonts I have are the ones which came with the program.

Can you clarify what you mean by "set up a new user"? How do I do that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That would be a new user account in your computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Find your prefs file/folder and delete/rename.

If that fails look at this: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @Jenny28510539catv,

We understand how frustrating it can be to experience crashes. I hope the suggestions shared by Monika and Met1 helped resolve the problem.

If not, please follow the steps in this help article (https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/kb/fix-crash-on-launch-issues.html) and let us know your observations. Also, try disabling your Antivirus software (if any) to check if it helps.

Additionally, kindly share the crash report using the steps in this article (https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/kb/crash-next-steps.html) and use the same email account as your community account for quick tracking. We appreciate your time and efforts in resolving this issue.

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks,
Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 07, 2023 Apr 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Anubhav,

I have already followed all of the steps in the help article. It did not resolve the problem. 

I have shared the crash report using the steps in the second article and also emailed the systems information file to the email address listed, using the same email account as my community account.

Please can you take a look and let me know how I should proceed?

Thanks, 

Jenny 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 13, 2023 Apr 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello @Jenny28510539catv,

Thanks for sharing the details, and sorry for the delayed response. Would you mind updating Illustrator to the latest version (27.4.1) and checking if it helps? Also, try running Illustrator under a different administrator account (https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/create-a-local-user-or-administrator-account-in-windows-...) and sharing your observations.

If the issue persists, kindly submit the crash report again using your Adobe email address in the community so we can check the details.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines