• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator crashes when I edit patterns from swatches

Community Beginner ,
Jan 27, 2022 Jan 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whenever I open a pattern in illustrator from the swatches pannel I cant do anything to it without it freezing or becoming non responsive- I have tried copying the swatch into a doc on its own -closing everything else and then editing to see if the files are too heavy but even then it doesnt work even when its a simple pattern.

I have also tried saving the working file on my desktop to see if that was the issue.

Please let me know if there are any other options here!

TOPICS
Bug , Draw and design , Performance , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you edit the pattern by double clicking in the Swatches panel?

Or by dragging from the Swatches to the artboard?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I double click on the swatch pannel!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you already restart your computer?

Reset your Preferences?

https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/setting-preferences.html

Are these patterns you made yourself?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have restarted and reset my preferences yes 😊 

it's swatches made by myself or my co workers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe you could upload the file to Dropbox or the like and share it? Or at least show a screenshot?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 01, 2022 Feb 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Rosanna22866365g5rz

Sorry about the crashing! I know that's really frustrating. I would request you to share a few more details like:

• Does it seem to crash while working on a specific file or all or after performing a particular action?
  • Submit the crash report by following the steps suggested here (https://helpx.adobe.com/in/illustrator/kb/crash-next-steps.html).
    While submitting the crash report, please use the same email address with which you are signed in on this community. This will help us find the crash report and help accordingly.
  • Are there any recent changes made to your system? For example, any antivirus, system updates, plugins, or web extensions installed recently.
  • Where are your files saved (Network Drive/ System HDD/ Shared Folder on System/ External HDD)?
  • As @Monika Gause requested, upload the file to Dropbox or any other similar service and share the download link with us. We'll take a look at it.

We are here to help. We just need more information.

Thanks & Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines