Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator crashes while using Wacom Intuos Pro M

Explorer ,
Jan 13, 2023 Jan 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I have problems while using my Wacom on Illustrator. With the pencil tool, systematically the software crashes after few pathes. I use Windows 11, the version of Illustrator is 27.1.1 (I tried with previous versions but the problem is still there) and the drivers of my tablet are updated too.

I tried on another computer, with Windows 10 and there is no problem.

Can you help me ?

Thank you

TOPICS
Draw and design , Performance , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Jan 29, 2023 Jan 29, 2023

We hear you - this has cost our company *so much* in time and money...the only way around it is to revert back to 6.3.46-2 drivers.  I haven't tried the latest Wacom 6.4.1-3 update - as we have a crazy deadline - and have lost too much time diagnosing the issue as is. Goodluck, and hopefully Wacom release a stable version 'yesterday'!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jan 13, 2023 Jan 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is Windows Ink turned on? Try and turn it off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 14, 2023 Jan 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Thank you for your answer. Unfortunately I tried but the bug is still there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 15, 2023 Jan 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just started facing the same issues and it is incredibly frustrating!

Around January 12th I noticed Adobe Illustrator was crashing after just a few minutes of work. (Im working from a Desktop I build while using the Wacom MSP as the drawing tablet) I made sure everthing was up to date and tried again. Sure enough it crashed again. I then moved to my other PC (dedicated for gaming) and sure enough it crashes there as well.

I do notice however, once I disconect the Wacom MSP, Illustrator no longer acts up and I am able to work again. This isnt exactly a solution however because this now mean I can not use my Wacom MSP.

Would love if there is a solution for this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 16, 2023 Jan 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Has anyone found a solution to the above problem?
Having the same problem and have tried the above solutions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Follow up:

I was just on the phone with technical support for the last hour or so. Essentially we made sure all drivers were up to date and tried to recreate the issue during a "remote connect" session. Of course, the problem didn't happen during this instance however we continued to check and look for potential issues. But the main takeaway from the call was this.

Check you Permissions-

This is a repetitive process and I have not had the time to test this solution fully yet, but you will want to allow "Full control" for all of your "Adobe" files. It was explained to me that some of the recent updates may have changed these permissions.

Steps-

Open up "File Explorer", "This PC", "Local Disk", "Users", (select your account), "App Data", "Local"

(if you can not find "App Data", select "View" in the above Task Bar, then "Show", and finally "Hidden items")

Once here, you should see a file named "Adobe", left click that and open "Properties". Now select "Security" and "Edit"

Now for each option in the "Group or usernames" section, ensure that each has "Full control". 

You will want to continue this process for all "Adobe" files in the following locations:

"Local" (found in App Data)

"LocalLow"(found in App Data)

"Romaing"(found in App Data)

"Program Files" (found in Local Disk)

"Program Files (x86)" (found in Local Disk)

"Program Data" (found in Local Disk)

I believe this will help with the solution to our problem because after those changes were made, we did a brief test in adobe illustrator warping entire art files, expanding them, compressing them, and no crashes occured. 

One last thing I want to mention is that when my Adobe Illustrator crashes, it does not depend on the complexity of the file, and it does not give me a "crash report". Instead it's almost as if the program was closed, but without any saving prompts.

Aynways, hope this helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 17, 2023 Jan 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried this procedure as alexs59270823 posted above and unfortunately it didn't work.

I welcome other suggestions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just updated Illustrator with the new version 27.2 and the problem persists...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What does Wacom say? Can they guarantee that their drivers are compatible?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I emailed with them and did tests by using an other illustration software. They conclude that the problem comes from Illustrator. I hope the issue will be corrected quickly.

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They conclude that

By @Baptiste226969048uza

That's not the same as a guarantee.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately it is all what they said...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try the procedure alexs59270823 posted above?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I tried but it doesn't work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are having the same crashing problem on two of our desktop PCs running windows 10 and latest version of illustrator and Wacom driver. 

Downgrading illustrator did not help. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wasn't having any issues with illustrator on my Desktop PC running Windows 10 pro, I installed Wacom driver (latest) WacomTablet_6.4.1-2.exe, used the tablet for a couple of minutes, then uninstalled the driver. Afterwards, illustrator started crashing! I had to disable Wacom from Preferences->Devices to stop the constant crashing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure enough, after uncheking Enable Wacom in Preferences > Devices, the problem seems to have gone away. But in return, another appears : the small pencil lines are no longer drawn, which is quite painful..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 18, 2023 Jan 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do have the same problem, I thought it is my new PC. All drivers updated, preferences fixed. thanks for sharing solutions, if you have one.

adela

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I uninstalled the driver for my Wacom Intuos Pro M and changed my drawing board to another Wacom Intuos model and then installed the driver for the new one.
For the last 4 hours I have had no problems.

I know that the solution is not to buy a new one, but for now illustrator works and I hope that adobe will solve the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have contacted Wacom support and they got back to me and sent me a link to download an older version of the deriver (WacomTablet_6.3.46-2.exe) after uninstalling the current version (WacomTablet_6.4.1-2.exe) , this solved the issue for me and it will hopefully help others having the same problem.

My Wacom Intuos pro is version PTH 651 but the driver works also for some of the other models.

Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did the same process and the problem disappeared. 

However, I have the impression that the small lines are not always drawn as it happens by unchecking Enable Wacom in the preferences.

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 23, 2023 Jan 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem after the latest Wacom driver update.  Rolling back fixed it for me (so far).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 23, 2023 Jan 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @Baptiste226969048uza@Jodie Troutman@Wassim5FEE@Louisa27959116u4ny@AEK5C94,

We are sorry about the crash and inability to use your Wacom tablet with Illustrator. Would you mind manually uninstalling and then reinstalling the Wacom drivers (https://support.wacom.com/hc/en-us/articles/1500006264541-How-do-I-uninstall-manually-and-re-install...) and then relaunching Illustrator to check if it helps?

Also, try running Illustrator under a different administrator account on your computer (macOS / Windows) and share your observations.

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 28, 2023 Jan 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I didn't have to do these process. I retried and the problem disappeared, even with the box Activate Wacom checked . I couldn't explain why.

I would return to you if the issue comes back.
Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 28, 2023 Jan 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey @Baptiste226969048uza - could you please confirm that you're using the latest wacom drivers? For I performed everything you said, but the problem persisted (i.e., it's only stable when reverting back to 6.3.46-2 drivers); however, Wacom has since released (6.4.1-3 on the 24th Jan): https://cdn.wacom.com/u/productsupport/drivers/win/professional/releasenotes/Windows_6.4.1-3.html ...6.4.1-2 defintely didnt work, but perhaps you're using 6.4.1-3? Thanks in advance. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines