• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator crashing after applying 3d effects

Community Beginner ,
Nov 08, 2022 Nov 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, my Illustrator decided to crash when I added 3d effect to a shape made with blending mode. My computer was always slow with 3d but it didn't crash. I even used to make 3d animations in cinema 4d and it never crashed. Now I can't even open my project because it crashes before opening. What can I do? I have Illustratior v 27.0, MacBookPro 2020 M1, 8GB, Ventura 13.0. Thanks for any help in advance. 

PS. I also had problem with washed colors on Illustrator so it seems like it's not working properly after the update. Also I made some stuff right after an update and it worked perfectly. It just started acting crazy now. 

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did it crash prior to upgrading to Ventura?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, it didn't 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The current Illustrator build is not optimized for Ventura, which came out after Illustrator 2023 was released. You may want to try downgrading back to Monterey for the time being. One of the risks of being an early adopter. 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

8 GB of RAM is just the bare minimum of RAM.

3D is very demanding.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But before the update somehow it worked, even with cinema 4d which is extremely demanding.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

New versions come with additional functions and can be more demanding. 8 GB was already jusr barely enough in the previous version. You can still downgrade

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @Zofia246455813rdg,

Sorry to hear about this experience. Would you mind trying the suggestions shared in this help article (https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/kb/fix-crash-on-launch-issues.html) and checking if it helps?

Also, kindly share the crash report by following the steps shared in this help article (https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/kb/crash-next-steps.html). While submitting the report, kindly use the same email account used here in the community so we can locate it quickly.

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 23, 2023 Jul 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank God i have the 7 day free trail, This software is straight trash! It keeps crashing, and i cannot add the 3d effect to my designs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 23, 2023 Jul 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Lloyd L31247443o1xk 

make sure you're aware of the cancellation terms by selecting your plan type (at the top of the page here), https://helpx.adobe.com/manage-account/using/creative-cloud-subscription-terms.html

for info on how to cancel your subscription, this page describes the few steps involved, https://helpx.adobe.com/manage-account/using/cancel-subscription.html

if you want to cancel but are unable to follow the steps described in the "how to cancel page", contact adobe support.

there are 2 ways to contact adobe; chat and twitter:

chat:
use a browser that allows popups and cookies, and click here, https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen
in the chat field (lower right), type AGENT
be patient, it can take quite a while to reach a human.

twitter:
tweet @AdobeCare

p.s. if you're contacted by anyone (via email or private message), it's much more likely to be a scammer than an adobe representative. ie, double check for an employee badge if contacted in the forums and look for an adobe.com domain in the email address if you click reply to an email. then check again and be very suspicious. any other method of contacting (or offering to contact you) is almost certainly a scam, https://community.adobe.com/t5/using-the-community-discussions/staying-safe-in-the-adobe-support-com...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines