Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers

Illustrator crashing after applying 3d effects

Community Beginner ,
Nov 08, 2022 Nov 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, my Illustrator decided to crash when I added 3d effect to a shape made with blending mode. My computer was always slow with 3d but it didn't crash. I even used to make 3d animations in cinema 4d and it never crashed. Now I can't even open my project because it crashes before opening. What can I do? I have Illustratior v 27.0, MacBookPro 2020 M1, 8GB, Ventura 13.0. Thanks for any help in advance. 

PS. I also had problem with washed colors on Illustrator so it seems like it's not working properly after the update. Also I made some stuff right after an update and it worked perfectly. It just started acting crazy now. 

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did it crash prior to upgrading to Ventura?

Adobe Community Expert/Adobe Certified Instructor>Kevin Stohlmeyer<br />Adobe Community Expert/Adobe Certified Instructor

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, it didn't 😕

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The current Illustrator build is not optimized for Ventura, which came out after Illustrator 2023 was released. You may want to try downgrading back to Monterey for the time being. One of the risks of being an early adopter. 😕

Adobe Community Expert/Adobe Certified Instructor>Kevin Stohlmeyer<br />Adobe Community Expert/Adobe Certified Instructor

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

8 GB of RAM is just the bare minimum of RAM.

3D is very demanding.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But before the update somehow it worked, even with cinema 4d which is extremely demanding.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

New versions come with additional functions and can be more demanding. 8 GB was already jusr barely enough in the previous version. You can still downgrade

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello @Zofia246455813rdg,

Sorry to hear about this experience. Would you mind trying the suggestions shared in this help article (https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/kb/fix-crash-on-launch-issues.html) and checking if it helps?

Also, kindly share the crash report by following the steps shared in this help article (https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/kb/crash-next-steps.html). While submitting the report, kindly use the same email account used here in the community so we can locate it quickly.

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines