• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator crashing when quitting application

New Here ,
Jun 20, 2022 Jun 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After updating to illustrator 26.3.1 it hangs on quiting application everytime. It is on a mac mini with latests OS Montery 12.4. Saving files and other functions seem to work well.

To solve I tried:

-uninstall Illustrator, and install again (several times)

-uninstall external plug-in (Hot Door Cad Tools)

-deleting preferences as suggested by adobe support (several times)

-reinstall the OS and install Illustrator again

Nothing helped. All other applications including Photoshop work without any problems

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Jun 28, 2022 Jun 28, 2022

I had a very long supportcall with Rahul from adobe. He dit an adobe clean action, and we searched manually the user library for  many (sometimes very old) preferences and other pieces of OS and deleted them. Whatever we did, it did not solve the problem. There should be still a conflicting piece of OS, pref or whatever  In the end we tried installing Illustrator again but in a newly made useraccount: there were no more problems! In a new useraccount you start with a clean userlibrary without th

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jun 20, 2022 Jun 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you have already been in contact with Customer Care?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 28, 2022 Jun 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had a very long supportcall with Rahul from adobe. He dit an adobe clean action, and we searched manually the user library for  many (sometimes very old) preferences and other pieces of OS and deleted them. Whatever we did, it did not solve the problem. There should be still a conflicting piece of OS, pref or whatever  In the end we tried installing Illustrator again but in a newly made useraccount: there were no more problems! In a new useraccount you start with a clean userlibrary without the leftovers of old applications and operatingsystems. I takes time to move all your data and mail etc to a new useraccount and adapt many prefs, settings, shortcuts etc again. But with continuing vague software problems I can recommend this. Thanks to a very friendly and patient Rahul.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines