• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator Crashing within a minute of me opening it

New Here ,
Sep 12, 2022 Sep 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I've attempted to open and create a small social post on Illustrator about four times now. Every time, I open it, create my document, try to save or name my document or just create a simple rectangle the size of the artboard, and it instantly crashes and closes the window automatically. I have updated Illustrator to the most recent version, I used to run it all the time so I know my laptop is capable, and I even updated my computer to Windows 11 just now because I thought maybe it was being annoying since I was overdue for this update (even though I didn't want Windows 11 lol) aaaaand that didn't even work. Any advice? I'm not running any apps other than Word.

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without any exact system info and crash details from your Event Viewer we can't tell you much. As so often the most likely cause is graphics driver issues, so update them and check the settings, but of course it could be anything else. More info is needed.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I realized this after I posted it. I have an HP Spectre, 16 GB RAM and Intel i7 processor. Just checked and the graphics processors, Intel Graphics 620 and the NVIDIA GeForce MX150 are up to date. Not sure how to get crash details as it hasn't been giving me the pop-up "Adobe Illustrator has quit unexpectedly" so I'm trying to get that info now

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check the printer.

Is there still a default printer set up after the Windows update?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello Laurel26074281bgqp,

Sorry to hear about this experience. I hope the suggestions shared by Mylenium and Monika helped resolve the problem. If not, kindly try resetting preferences manually and check if that helps resolve the issue:

- Close all Adobe applications.
- Go to Location C:\Users\%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming\Adobe
- Rename Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Illustrator 26 Settings folders to Adobe Illustrator.old and Adobe Illustrator - 26 Settings.old

Disclaimer: Please note that renaming preferences folders will remove all the custom settings, and Illustrator will launch with default settings. You can also take a backup of the folders in case you want to. The location is mentioned above.

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines