• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator crashing

May 01, 2022 May 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

My Illustrator crashes every 60-90 seconds when I use the pen or pencil tool. I tried restarting the app, resetting preferences, checking for updates, and getting rid of corrupted fonts, but none of that worked. 

Is there something else I can try? 

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to hear that is happening. What OS & AI & Computer version are you using?  Make sure your OS & Illustrator & hardware are meeting the system requirements.  

Does this only happen with those 2 tools?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try creating a new user account to see if happens there. We will better know if something in your OS folder or user prefs is corrupted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These are the tools I use the most. I don't think Illustrator crashes as much when I work with graphs or image tracing. But Illustrator crashes very frequently with pen/pencil tools. 

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the program, but that didn't work either.

I have a Windows 10 Pro version 21H2. This version doesn't appear to be on the supported nor non-supported list, so I'm not sure if that's the issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 02, 2022 May 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello @Deleted User,

Sorry to hear about this experience. I would request you to share a few more details like:

• The exact version of Illustrator
  • System Info
  • Kindly submit the Crash Report by following the steps in this article: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/illustrator/kb/crash-next-steps.html

While submitting the crash report, please use the same email address with which you are signed in on this community. This will help us find the crash report and help accordingly.

• Is it acting this way with some specific files? If yes, kindly share the link to download the file here or via DM.

Also, have you tried running Illustrator under a different administrator account as suggested by Mike? Kindly share your observations with us.

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines