• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

illustrator CS4 plugin problem after upgrade to OS X Yosemite

Community Beginner ,
Oct 19, 2014 Oct 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just upgrade my OS X Maverick to Yosemite, and found my adobe illustrator CS4 got error while i open it.

it shown missing plugin of  photoshopimport.aip....

Anyone know how to solve this problem??

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2014 Oct 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem. My solution is: start ps first an then ai.Try and let me know!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Starting PS first does not fix the problem for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And why is it important to upgrade to Yosemite, especially with older software (nothing wrong with older software, I use CS5)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just crazy. But people refuse to accept it is crazy, and look everywhere else to blame for the problems they create.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yosemite has several features that I have been looking forward to and will continue to use. I find them extremely useful.

I've hated Adobe since I first bought Pagemaker in the early 90's. If I was a heavy user I would be using their cloud CS anyway but I'm not. I can't justify the cost. Smaller more accessible companies are eager to pick up us cast offs from Adobe. I for one am looking forward to leaving Adobe behind.

FWIW saving an image as a PDF in Photoshop works fine for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 16, 2015 May 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think there is nothing to hope from Adobe on CS4. They want to sell new products. That's all. Business is business.

About the .psd stuff on Illustrator, .pdf may be the only solution. (I didn't try "Photoshop PDF" yet.)

Earlier Java versions work on Yosemite, it seems: InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop and even Acrobat 9 — all CS4.

(These products are OK for REAL production without arty-farty froufrous anyway.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone tried to contact Adobe. It appears no one in the community has a fix. I will attempt to reach them and hopefully report back with a solution or at least an update on when it will be fixed!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wish you success. Please keep us in the loop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I attempted to find email or contact info ... it kept putting me in this forum and i didn't have enough patience for continuing when doing initial research about this issue...good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well now that's a novel approach! You go jay...

I've not had good experiences with Adobe support so I hope you have better luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 31, 2014 Oct 31, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone tried iDraw (iTunes store - cheap... $24.99). It's a vector program ala Illustrator but this has a plug-in for PSD files. It's in the same usablity catagory as Pixelmator is to Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 01, 2014 Nov 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chuckied: I haven’t installed iDraw yet but I will. I have sent several questions to them and they have responded to every concern in a timely matter. Whether I land on that app or not remains to be seen.

Another option is Ink. It’s an open source vector project. And it’s backend is supported by Apple.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven’t installed iDraw yet but I will. I have sent several questions to them and they have responded to every concern in a timely matter. Whether I land on that app or not remains to be seen.

Another option is Ink. It’s an open source vector project. And it’s backend is supported by Apple.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2014 Nov 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too am having this Ai plugin problem after upgrading to Yosemite. I'm a bit afraid to uninstall and reinstall my CS4...anyone try that yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've found when I try to open Illustrator, it gives me the plugin error message and freezes. After force-quitting, I then open Photoshop, then try Illustrator again. It still gives me the error message, but allows me to click OK and open. Weird...but works so far. Not sure how it will effect things down the road without the Photoshop import plug in, but bound to find out after awhile.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

reefqueen1: I have been thinking about that. A lot of work for maybe nothing. But it might work. Worst case is it use time machine to go back to where you are or back to Mavericks.

If you try pleas let us know how it goes!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That sounds pretty much like what has been happening to all of us except the freezing part. Just click ok and go. But we can't import or open a photoshop document in ai. For me if I convert it to jpeg or pdf I can work around.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, i guess the only solution is backup all your documents and reformat back to Maverick version.

This is what i did & now working on OS Maverick.

Cheers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2014 Nov 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe has a long history of not fixing these things. They want to push users into the cloud subscription service at this point which is not of interest to a lot of us. The best thing to do is work within the limits of the software as it works and find a substitute to replace Adobe products. GraphicConverter does a lot. Sticking with the older Adobe products helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 09, 2015 Mar 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I upgraded to Yosemite and have the same problem with CS4 that I had when upgrading to Mavericks 😞 I get the message "Licensing for this product has stopped working." then suggests that I restart my computer. That hasn't done anything. It then suggests that I contact Adobe technical support and mention the error code: 150:30, but I can't see where I do that, it only offers me the forum as a contact 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 17, 2014 Nov 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's doing the same for me but in Mavericks. The only way I can get it to start so I can work in Illustrator CS4 is to try to open a pdf or ai I created in CS4 and clicking the "OK" on the photoshop plugin error window as soon as it pops up. This gets me at least in Illustrator so I can work but it's frustrating that it doesn't work as it did before the software upgrade. Good luck! Hope this helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 19, 2014 Nov 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks jawshoowa !! The font issue bugged me more than the photoshop import issue. This fixed it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2014 Nov 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same problem and now the program wont even open. Need help as I am desperate to make labels for my company.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 21, 2014 Nov 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had a new thought... perhaps the best approach (haven't taken time to do it yet) would be to contact Apple about how their new operating system has made our software unusable and see if they can be of any help?....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines