Illustrator CS6 Crashes when Saving Files

New Here ,
May 12, 2022 May 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am reposting since I have narrowed down the instances when Illustrator crashes. I am using Illustrator CS6 and Windows 10. It crashes when...

1. Saving any file with RGB Document Color Mode.

2. Saving files in CMYK Document Color Mode that contain any color other than black.

3. When copying and pasting in Photoshop. When copying and pasting to a different Raster Program, it does not crash.

4. When closing Illustrator and there's data on the clipboard and answering to the pop-up message, "Keep Data".

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling Illustrator. I made sure I clicked on the Remove Preferences option, but I am not sure if there are any other files that need to be deleted manually after uninstalling.

I'd really appreciate any advice.

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 12, 2022 May 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Why are you not posting into the existing thread?

CS6 is probably no longer working on your system. The requirements page lists Windows 8.

And while CS6 might have worked until recently, it might also fail with any update.

The latest Windows 11 update caused several applications to crash. Maybe the same is true for a recent Windows 10 update. But maybe Microsoft just broke something that Illustrator CS6 relies on.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines