• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator - Difficulty selecting and moving objects

New Here ,
Nov 25, 2022 Nov 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This just started today. I am working on a Mac and using Illustrator 2023. I've closed the program and reopened it several times, checked other files I have as well and it's driving me CRAZY. I can't seem to select an object and drag to move it. The only way to select an object is to drag and draw a rectangle around the shape and even then I can't drag to move the object. Any ideas?

TOPICS
Bug , Draw and design

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If your issue is happening with more than one Illustrator file, I'd suggest restoring Illustrator preferences (this will restore all your Illustrator preferences, and you'll need to set them up again).

One way to do this is to go to Preferences > General  and click the Reset Preferences button at the bottom of the dialog. Click OK, and you'll be prompted to restart.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you also reboot the computer to clean up RAM?

How much RAM is installed?

What else is open?

Does it help working with a different input device?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Junglee88,

Thanks for reaching out. In addition to Steve's suggestion, I would recommend trying the steps in this community post (https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator-discussions/resolve-slow-performance-and-unexpected-behav...) and share your observation with us.

If nothing helps, would you mind sharing a few details along with the ones asked by Monika:

• Screenshot of "About this Mac"
  • Mouse make & model you are using. Ignore if you are using the trackpad.

Also, is this happening in existing files or all?

We are here to help. We just need more info.

Thanks,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines