• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator disregard spot colors inside of a pattern when placing document

New Here ,
Dec 16, 2021 Dec 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was preparing a file, where i've created a pattern with spot colors. While i was using this file on it's own, everything was fine, but my workflow required that i was placing this document inside of another document (template) that was created to send for the production company. 

After embedding the linked file, the spot colors used in the pattern object turned into composite / CMYK colors. I'm lucky the printing company realized this pre-press, otherwise it would have been an expensive discovery.

TOPICS
Bug , Print and publish

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which Illustrator version do you use? I tried to replicate it but could not.

Copy/Paste, Place linked, Place Embedded, Embed after linking, spot remains spot

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for taking the time, it seems that i was wrong (rush / last minute deadline), i was doublechecking the file now, and the color i was conviced was set to spot, was still proccess in the original file. My bad! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No problem, good to hear there was no problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines