• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator does not react to Wacom pen

New Here ,
Jan 03, 2022 Jan 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Illustrator does not react to the Wacom Pen. Photoshop does perfectly. Does anybody have experiences with this problem? Any tips welcome!

TOPICS
Draw and design , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nils,

we need more information to help you. Which version of Adobe Illustrator are you using? Which graphics tablet model are you using? Have you checked for updated drivers for your Wacom?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

thank you for your reply!

I am using the latest verion of Illustrator from CC. My Wacom Display is a bit older 😉 It is a Wacom Cintiq 21UX. The weird thing is that it works in all the other graphic programs (Photoshop, Sketchbook).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nils,
thank you for having responded with all the information I asked you. Try to follow the suggestions provided by Monika Gause.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I am using a Microsoft PC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is what I did:

I installed the latest driver for my Wacom Cintiq21UX and restated my computer. That alone did not help. After that I simply disconnected the USB-Cable from my PC, pluged it back in and everything works fine. (no idea why 😉

Thanks again for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 04, 2022 Jan 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Nils,

we are glad that your problem has been solved!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines