• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator doesn't open

New Here ,
Oct 27, 2021 Oct 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One day my Illustrator crashed, so I tried absolutelly everything. I updated, unninstalled, installed again, used the Creative Cloud Cleaner. And every time I click on the app... it just doesn't open. All the other adobe programs are still working perfectly. What could I do?

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

floras,

What happens if you follow the instructions here?

: https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/setting-preferences.html#setting_illustrator_preferences.

You can also take a backup of the folders in case you want to. Location is mentioned in the article.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2021 Oct 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Absolutely no changes, I tried it already.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having similar issues but only after I updated to Illustrator v26 (2022). I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling, updated CCloud but still nothing is working.

Anyone have any easier solutions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your experience. Would you mind sharing version of the OS? Did resetting preferences helped as suggested earlier by Jacob?

Also, are you able to open the app through Creative Cloud desktop app? This information would help us assist you accordingly.

Additionally, you may try steps suggested on this community post & see if they help.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ashutosh,

Thank you for the reply.

Here is the information you requested.

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8650U CPU @ 1.90GHz 2.11 GHz
Installed RAM 16.0 GB
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

I have been using the Adobe products for over a year now with no issues. It was only following the newest updates that I have run into these issues. Photoshop is the only one out of all of my apps now that appears to be working normally. All the others do not open at all.

I have uninstalled, reinstalled etc, and at one point yesterday reinstalled the old version of Illustrator - and it worked. But when I returned to the laptop to work later on, I was experiencing the same issues.

HELP!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My machine is a OS Big Sur (11.2.3)

Processor 3,5GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon E5

32GB Ram

Graphics AMD FireProD5000 3GB

I click on the app through Creative Cloud desktop and it appears in the dock as it is opening, but then it crashes and nothing happens.

And I tried everything from these community post already, also having no luck. Even the older versions of illustrator do not open anymore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines