Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Illustrator doesn't save on 'my computer', only in cloud?

New Here ,
Nov 24, 2021 Nov 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since 2 days Illustrator CC (latest version, Macbook Pro M1) won't save on my computer anymore... I realy don't know what caused this. It still does save (and overwrite original) when I close the document, but save as, export, export for web etc don't work at all. If I use these commands, there is nothing happening, no dialog box at all?

No problems with Photoshop or Indesign.

HELP!

TOPICS
Import and export, Sync and storage, Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you update your Mac or Adobe apps two days ago?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I probably did. (It updates automatically, so I don't remember it for sure).

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reset prefs, if that doesn't work, uninstall, run the cleaner tool, reinstall, and if that doesn't work contact Adobe.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I found the problem: the second monitor!
This is a 'work a round': unplug your extra monitor...

Or change your main monitor in your system preferences. Then everything is back to normal (except that everything is on your wrong screen when you open it ;-)).

I hope Apple/Adobe find a quick fix for this bug!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines