• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator drawing area?

New Here ,
Feb 03, 2011 Feb 03, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im trying to expand the drawing area in Illustrator CS5, an I cant how can I do this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 03, 2011 Feb 03, 2011

The maximum area allowed for use by AI is approximately 227 inches square. There is no way to increase this. If you need a larger work area, you will need to work at scale.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Explorer ,
Sep 10, 2021 Sep 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh fair play, but how? a quick search reveals nothing on this and adobe in app help suggests nothinig about drawnig area either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah got you, so still waiting. 
I don't need a large artboard. I need the ability to have large items that are within clippinig masks to be able to hang off artboards into the 'drawing area'. We use it for artboarding, so sometmies, 50 Artboards + and this makes the drawing area very tight, meaning items can't be simiply masked and hanging off artboards. 

I understand there are work arounds, to have my storyboards across several docs or manually slice up items that would be in clipping masks, so they arent needing to spill over. (Or using Affinity, which is listening to Adobe users complaints more than Adobe.) But this would still leave me with a limited artboard count. 
There is seemingly no logic to having a limited Drawinig area behind artboards and is an issue for users. It should really have been looked into 'properly' at this stage - for the cost. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps you could make a separate post explaining/showing exactly what you mean. I'm not sure from your description how it doesn't help to have a larger drawing area available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah I see, this may be a confusion of terms. Sorry for confusion. 
Yeah I will do that, some screenshots may illustrate this better. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines