• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator Dropshadow applied to PSD image is not appearing in Indesign when saved as .ai file

Community Beginner ,
May 04, 2022 May 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An Illustrator Dropshadow applied to a PSD placed object is not appearing when file is placed in Indesign aa as  an .ai file. If the illustrator files is saved as an .eps the dropshadows do appear. Any reason why?

TOPICS
Print and publish

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't reproduce the issue. It works fine for me. (top)

What sort of Effect do you have applied to the Drop Shadow, if not the usual Multiply?

As for why it "works" in EPS is because you're flattening the file and your transparency will be lost (bottom)

Screen Shot 2022-05-04 at 12.01.41 PM.png

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here are the dropshadow specs and how it appears in Indesign:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hmmm. I did the exact same dropshadow as you have and it's working fine here. So, not sure where it's going wrong for you. My PS file was RGB, as was my Ill file, but it didn't matter what color space any of the respective pieces were, nor blend space

I'm on most current versions of everything.

Screen Shot 2022-05-04 at 2.36.51 PM.png

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines