• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator Elements

New Here ,
Nov 17, 2020 Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Creative Cloud includes many professional programs, but it is expensive. Not everyone can afford to pay the subscription cost. Therefore, Photoshop Elements and Premiere Elements are important alternatives for amateurs and people on a low budget. In addition to Photoshop and Premiere, Illustrator is one of the most popular and most used Adobe products. That means many people have to choose between buying Creative Cloud, or buying the Elements-program and ignoring Illustrator or finding options from other companies. To solve this problem, I think that Adobe should present Illustrator Elements. It would complete the set of Elements-programs in a really good way. I would buy it, and I think that many others would too.

TOPICS
Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is Illustrator on the iPad an option for you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for replying. Unfortunately, I need a computer program. This probably applies to more people.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 28, 2021 Nov 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would absolutely LOVE Illustrator Elements!  Come on, Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am a 76 year old pensioner ( Retired Graphic Designer ) but in my day we had to hand draw almost everything.

I now keep myself busy drawing and doing the odd Pet Portrait and I do not charge for my work.

I had been using an old version of Illustrator for resizing artwork but unfortunately upgraded my Mac to 10.15.7 not knowing that I would lose several programs including Illustrator.

Does anyone know if there is a free program that I could use to replace Illustrator ?

Obviously I can afford to pay for Illustrator or is there an old version of Illustrator that will work with my system.

Thanks in Anticipation .... Geo. Hubbard

(email removed by moderator)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Inkscape on PC.  But good luck with the learning curve.  On iPad, Vectornator is a good free alternative.

Illustrator Elements would be better than either, but Adobe is too busy chasing subscription dollars. And $21/month for Illustrator for personal use it outrageous.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 01, 2022 Apr 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I may run into one project a year in which I need Illustrator.  I'd be willing to pay for 30 days of Illustrator if I could do a buy it only when you need it plan.  But I'd really prefer to have an Illustrator Elements.  Elements has always been my go to b/c I don't do enough graphic design (a few times a year) to warrant a subscription.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I saw where Adobe now offers a cancel any time subscription plan but 150% of the monthly price for an annual committment is too much markup.  120-125% would be more reasonable.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can buy a month of Illustrator and then cancel for free when it's over. https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/plans.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, as state in my reply to myself, I saw that.  But I think $30/mo for the cancel when you want is too much of a markup.  I'd do it for $25.  I miss the days before subscription software was a thing.  I'd still prefer an Illustrator Elements.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 29, 2021 Nov 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Geo. be warned you may be contacted by spammers offering you old versions of Acrobat for sale. Be warned that, whatever convincing excuse the scammers did, Photoshop has not been legally sold for over 5 years; nobody has old stock, so what they are selling is (at best) fakes. Fakes often include viruses. Or they just steal your credit card number. Please take care - - and never, never, post an email in a public forum. I've asked for it to be deleted. Good luck with finding an alternative!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 29, 2021 Nov 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Geo, sorry, for "Acrobat" please imagine I typed "Illustrator"! !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 07, 2023 Jan 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree, I am on dssi and can not afford the cost of creative cloud. I am a hobbyist that previous worked at a college. I enjoy adobe products and even use to share with other educators. I really wish there was a plan for the retired/ disabled available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 07, 2023 Jan 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Are you still in education? Part time or the like? Or maybe working for a charity?

In that case you could try and apply for those versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines