Exit

Illustrator export file too small :(

New Here ,
Mar 04, 2022 Mar 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone
Short version: image trace exporting too small

Long version: My text and logo were designed to fit on a small matchbox (241x241 px at 100%) but that means it is tiny when exported and needs to be much bigger for the website (doh!). I have exported at 500% scale (biggest it lets me) but it is still a little small for my liking. is there a way I can make it nice and big? the logo was made using image trace with some eraser edits to clean it up so I can blow it up on my screen without losing quality hence why I didn't think this would be an issue. Do I have to start again or can this be saved?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How big do you need it and what is stopping you exporting it that size?

What export method are you using? What settings?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

File, export/export selection, (assets selected then scale as big as allowed). or .. if I go file export for web and then adjust the image size (increase pixels) the image loses quality (in the preview) yet I can zoom in significantly without losing quality 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please show.

And please give us some pixel dimensions for the export.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, basically image 1 should be really clean vector lines (this is me zooming in ) one same image should be lower quality when I try to export for web but the same issue happens for all other previews and then image error is what happens when I try to export in anything   apart from export selection which you can see maximum scale at the bottom (33%)4.PNG5.PNG1.PNG2.PNG3.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

1. What size in pixels is the artboard you are trying to export?

2. What size in pixels do you need it to be?

The problem is probably the one you're trying to export at 33.3x scale.

Regarding the Save for Web screen: is 5000 pixels too small for some reason? Why?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines