I created an Adobe Illustrator extension. When I created a .pkg installer then test the installation, it is saying that the installation is successful but when I check it on the Illustrator, the extension is not there. I notice that this happens when I upgraded my macOS to Ventura 13.5.
I have previous .pkg that is created when my macOS is still Monterey. The installation works fine and the extension is there.
Is there additional settings that needs to be done on Ventura?
1. The installer(.pkg) is created using pkgbuild.
Thanks in advance,
What exactly are you installing? A plugin i.e. an aip file or a CEP extension? How are you creating the package? please share the details that might point to some clues
Hi @Manan Joshi,
It is CEP extension.
This is how we created the installer:
1. We exported the codes via Export Adobe Application Extension(zxp)
2. Install the zxp via MAC extension manager. It will install the plugin to Illustrator
3. Under the adobe/CEP/Extensions folder in MAC, you will see the installed plugin codes.
4. We will then copy the plugin codes, set the permission to read and write.
5. Then we run this to MAC terminal and it will create the .pkg file: pkgbuild --root I**F**PLMExtension install.pkg --install-location /Library/Application/Support/Adobe/CEP/extensions/I**F**PLMExtension/ --identifier com.i**.I**F**PLMExtension
And that's it.
Already found the issue the "install location" is incorrect. It should be /Library/Application Support/Adobe/CEP/extensions/I**F**PLMExtension/ instead of /Library/Application/Support/Adobe/CEP/extensions/I**F**PLMExtension/
Ahh, the typo played spoilsport here. It should have been \ instead of the / between Application Support. You pointing that the installer made on a different machine was working fine also made things more complicated than it was. Anyhow, it's good that you resolved it.