Illustrator extremely laggy on Macbook Pro M1 Pro

New Here ,
Jan 28, 2022 Jan 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Illustrator has become almost impossible to use, I have the latest Macbook Pro (late 2021) with 32GB of memory and the files become extremely laggy after editing for a couple of minutes, the only solution is to close the program and re-open, but I need to do that at least 10 times a day, we are talking 1MB files... And I do have the latest Illustrator update, I have tried Illustrator 2021, but same issue

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 28, 2022 Jan 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the Finder, when you get info on the Illustrator app make sure Open using Rosetta is unchecked (if it's checked it won't perform as well).

— Adobe Certified Expert & Instructor at Noble Desktop | Web Developer, Designer, InDesign Scriptor

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 10, 2022 Feb 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm afraid that didn't work out, I still have exactly the same problem. I updated to the latest version and still get the lag after editing any file for about half an hour... It would seem like a memory issue, except I have tons of it 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines