• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator Fails to Open Windows 10

Explorer ,
Nov 01, 2021 Nov 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just installed version 26 on my machine and it will not open, The flash screen doesn't even appear. When I go into Task Manager Illustrator is not shown as running. Windows Pro  10.0.19042 Build 19042 If I try to uninstall Illustrator I get a popup box stating that there is a conflict and that the program is running.

I restarted my computer uninstalled and restarted and reinstalled but same again.

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 05, 2021 Nov 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about this trouble. This is has been reported by a few other users as well, and it was found due to the conflict with Trend Micro Antivirus.

Do you have this Anti-Virus installed on your machine? If yes, please make sure that Illustrator is added as an exception in the app settings. I hope it helps!

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 05, 2021 Nov 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can confirm this helped me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2021 Nov 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, this was the problem, but had to go way deep in the Directory to find the .exe however:
ThisPC/Windows(C:)/ProgramFiles/Adobe/AdobeIllustrator2022/SupportFiles/Contents/Windows/Illustrator.exe

But thanks, this was getting old.

Michael Kirk

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines