Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator file getting clipped

New Here ,
Jan 14, 2021 Jan 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I'm rtying to figure out why my file keeps getting clipped when I save it. Its a vector file that I save and if I open it in any other software, I need to, it opens up clipped. Any help would be appreciated.

The pics below show the fill in illustrator and when I save it how it gets saved clipped.

Screen Shot 2021-01-14 at 11.23.05 AM.pngScreen Shot 2021-01-14 at 11.20.22 AM.png

TOPICS
Bug , Draw and design , Import and export , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are you opening it in?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm opening it up in Corel. However, the saved file shows a priview clipped in finder even before I open it up in any other software besides Illustrator

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok I think I understand. The file is close to the maximum size in Illustrator. Other applications will preview/open the PDF side of the file, and the maximum dimensions of the PDF are less than the AI (200 vs. 227 inches).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines