• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator File Options Not Working

New Here ,
May 05, 2022 May 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Illustrator works, mostly,  Except I can't open files from inside the program ( I can go to my folders and open from there).  I can't save or save as, only save as a copy.  When I open Illustrator my most recent files don't show.  Just a blank window.  Create new also doesn't work, only create from default templates.   

I'm on Windows 10.  

Things I've already tried.  Safe mode, same thing.  Check for new versions, I'm on most current.  Uninstalled and reinstalled, same issue.  Logged out of and closed out creative cloud and reopening, no change.

Any help would be much appreciated.   

Loom of what's happening: https://www.loom.com/share/3b1bed5a16844b389733020f8492e1a7

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does Illustrator have full disk access?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @stacystateham,

Sorry to hear about this experience. I would request you to share a few more details like:

• System Info
  • Is it acting this way with some specific files? If yes, kindly share the download link to the file here or via DM.

Also, kindly try running Illustrator under a different administrator account and check if it works. If yes, kindly follow the steps shared in this article (https://helpx.adobe.com/in/illustrator/kb/preferences-folder-read-only-error.html) to fix permissions for Illustrator under your regular account.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on a Surface Pro with Windows 10 Pro, 32 

It's all files and my login is the administrator.  It does the same thing in safe mode, also.  

I found another issue today.  When I save as file type PDF, the PDF file is created but it's blank.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 06, 2022 May 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried the file settings that you posted on (https://helpx.adobe.com/in/illustrator/kb/preferences-folder-read-only-error.html)

I'm getting this error..  

stacystateham_0-1651847981888.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 20, 2022 May 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello @stacystateham,

Sorry for the late response. I hope the problem is resolved by now. If not, kindly try updating Illustrator to the latest version. Also, please confirm if you have tried running Illustrator under a different administrator account. Steps are shared here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/create-a-local-user-or-administrator-account-in-windows-...

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines