• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator file to DXF corrupts file

Explorer ,
Oct 14, 2021 Oct 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So we get files from customers who want us to use a big Fiber laser to cut out flat steel parts. These files they send us are often PDF or Illustrator files that we need to turn into DXF format so we can load them into a CAD program to send to the laser. 

I have been unable to convert files to DXF without extreme corruption. If I open them in the CAD program the lines are no longer straight but curved.

If I open the saved DXF with illustrator again, the lines are broken or have artifacts on them where they are thicker than the 1 line point I chose.

Has anyone else had this experience and if so, have you found a solution? 

TOPICS
Bug , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

20211014_164541.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

20211014_165035.jpg

 this is a view of the saved file opened in illustrator. Perfect before the save, destroyed after.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2023 Apr 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had this just this week. If anyone else is looking for this problem.

Illustrator simply doesnt seem to be good at exporting and creating dxf files. It has a limitiation with how many informations about curves it can put in a file and when this limit is reached.. the file gets deformed and changed to fit in the limitiations.  If you can manage to open the files in another software which is designed to export dxf for laser cutting and engraving, the created dxf files will have more information and can be used correct.  Lightburn for example seems to be prepared for this situation and also accepts ai. files. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines