Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Illustrator file to DXF corrupts file

Explorer ,
Oct 14, 2021 Oct 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So we get files from customers who want us to use a big Fiber laser to cut out flat steel parts. These files they send us are often PDF or Illustrator files that we need to turn into DXF format so we can load them into a CAD program to send to the laser. 

I have been unable to convert files to DXF without extreme corruption. If I open them in the CAD program the lines are no longer straight but curved.

If I open the saved DXF with illustrator again, the lines are broken or have artifacts on them where they are thicker than the 1 line point I chose.

Has anyone else had this experience and if so, have you found a solution? 

TOPICS
Bug, Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

20211014_164541.jpg

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

20211014_165035.jpg

 this is a view of the saved file opened in illustrator. Perfect before the save, destroyed after.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines