Illustrator Files display icon only and won't open at all

New Here ,
Jun 05, 2022 Jun 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all! I have a weird questions and I've searched and searched with no avail so here I am!

I have files that won't open at all, in my finder all you can see is the AI icon, when I hit quick view is just shows a file icon, and when I double click to open it it does absolutely nothing, no spinning beachball, nothing. When I right-click to open it, it also does nothing. 

It's not all of my files, and its not specifically older or newer ones, it seems like a random spattering of files that I just can't open. I've even edited some of them recently!

I have tried: 

Restarting my computer, updating my illustrator app, restarting the creative cloud, opening the files with a different app, and I tried moved the files to an external harddrive.

I am using Illustrator 2021, I have a MacBook Air (from 2020), and I'm running Big Sur. I also do a Mac clean up once a week to make sure my scratch disk has enough memory.

I'm so frustrated! Any advice would help, thank yoU!

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 05, 2022 Jun 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I always suspect applications that clean up your Mac.

I hope you have backups of your files.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines