• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

(Illustrator) Flashing screen while zooming

New Here ,
Apr 18, 2024 Apr 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been experiencing this issue for several months now. One user in my company (only one out of 3 employees with the same computer build) always experiences screen flashes when using Zoom.

This problem does not go away for a few minutes each time the preferences are reset to default, but it starts flashing again immediately after.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the program, uninstalling the entire Creative Cloud package, and even using Adobe's cleanup tool. The drivers have been updated or even reinstalled from safe mode, so with a clean installation. As mentioned before, the main problem is that the other two users do not experience any problems even though they have the same configuration.

Unchecking the "GPU performance" box is not a logical solution. I don't want to have to ruin the user's experience (after buying high-end PCs) for a problem that is not our fault.

Configuration:

• 13th Gen Intel Core i7-13700
  • 32 GB 4800 MHz
  • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060

I have attached a video of the problem.

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 19, 2024 Apr 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @nicolettas99375896,

We understand that encountering technical issues can be frustrating. Would you mind performing a clean reinstallation of the GPU drivers by following the steps shared here (Intel / NVIDIA / AMD) and setting the Graphics Preference to High-Performance for Illustrator (https://adobe.ly/445MEb4) and checking if it helps?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 22, 2024 Apr 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @Anubhav Majumder ,

Thank you for the fast response. Unfortunately a clean install of GPU drivers has given me no results. 
The problem seems to go away everytime i make a change, like doing a clean install or just resetting Illustrator to default settings, but then comes right back after 1 hour of work. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 22, 2024 Apr 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The problem by the way shows up only when i select a mask and try to zoom in or out. Looks like it tries to refresh 60 times a second but it just manages 30 and fills the other 30 with a black screen. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines