• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator freezes when "saving as"

Community Beginner ,
Dec 06, 2022 Dec 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently bought a new MacBookPro (running on Monterey 12.3) and installed Adobe Creative Cloud on it. Since then Illustrator keeps crashing when I try to save a file in another location or another format than the current one. Whenever I select ‘Save As’ the window comes up, but the Save button is grayed out and I can’t select anything in the window – except for ‘Save Cloud document’, that works. But I don’t want that, I want to save the file on my computer! If I don’t save as cloud document and then click ‘Cancel’, my only option is to force quit Illustrator.

In Preferences I have tried selecting ‘On your computer’ as my default file location and also unticked ‘Automatically Save Cloud Documents Every x Minutes’. I have also reset preferences and unstilled and reinstalled Illustrator, but nothing works.

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks.

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I did some more research, and somebody suggested resizing the pop-up window that comes up when trying to 'Save as'. And it works! No more greyed out buttons.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 07, 2022 Dec 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, Mike! I might do that. In the meantime, the solution seems to be to resize the popup window which for some reason lets you save the file as normal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines