• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator- Gradient Blending Issues. HELP!

New Here ,
Aug 07, 2022 Aug 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I reallly neeed help! Im oretty new to illustrator and im grating to make smooth pretty gradients with colors. I tried creating two sqaure objects with the colors blue and yellow then selecting them both and using the blend tool. When you do this, its supposed to create one object and the colors of the object are supposed to blend towgther in the middle. As soon as I did that, it blended but its not a smooth blend. There are straigght vertical lines on my object. I dont know what to do! I even went and make sure to click smooth

color when chosing blending options. Please help!! 😞

IMG_5596.jpg

TOPICS
Draw and design , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try turning off GPU Performance in the Performance section of your Illustrator preferences. It's possible that the lines you're seeing are just part of a bad screen view which turning off the GPU Performance may fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi Bill! Thank you for replying back to me. I tried to see if I could turn the GPU performance off but it seems like it's already off and it actually shows that I'm not able to even toggle with it if I wanted to. Here's a photo. 😞 any other suggestions ?

117CE9F8-173D-4089-8E39-97136BC66778.jpeg

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Select the blend then go to Object > Blend > Blend Options. You can specify the number of steps in the blend. If your end result is a rectangular blend between two colours you will be better off applying a gradient fill to a rectangle.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 08, 2022 Aug 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hard to see on pictures of your screen. Please use screendumps:

https://www.take-a-screenshot.org/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 08, 2022 Aug 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Kayla,

I agree with Scott about a gradient in this case.

To create it as a Smooth Blend you can (also) create the full rectangle in either colour, then copy to the front and reduce the width to an insignificant value (1pt or something) at one end, and then you can use Smooth.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines