• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator Gradient Tool Crashing

Community Beginner ,
Dec 06, 2021 Dec 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Adobe Illustrator 26.0.1 for Mac (macOS Catalina 10.15.7) and anytime I try to select the gradient tool, the software freezes up and the beachball of death comes up and I have to force quit the program. I tried resetting my preferences but that didn't correct the issue.

TOPICS
Bug , Performance , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Dec 06, 2021 Dec 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does this happen in new files? Or old ones?

Can you try and set the Preview to CPU Preview?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 30, 2021 Dec 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @kellyannmac,

Sorry about the crashing! I know that's really frustrating. I would request you to share a few more details along with the ones asked by @Monika Gause:

• I this is happening while working on a specific file, I would request you to please share that document with us. You can upload it to the Creative Cloud (https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/share.html) and share the download link.
  • Where are you saving the files (Network Drive/ System HDD/ Shared Folder on System/ External HDD)?
  • When did this start happening? Are there any recent changes made to your system? For example, any antivirus, system updates, plugins, or web extensions installed recently.
  • Does updating to Illustrator v26.0.2 help resolve the issue?

Kindly update the discussion if you still need assistance with it. We'd be happy to help.

Thanks & Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines