• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator graphic problems

New Here ,
Aug 04, 2022 Aug 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I posted a question on here before, but I was only able to find a partial fix. I’ve been having what looks like resolution issues with Illustrator. I’ll create a file with a high resolution, but the text edges are ragged and if I check the resolution while the file is open it’s on medium resolution. After trying everything I could, I got someone from Adobe Support to get on my computer to try to fix it. On my computer recommended Display Resolution of 1366 x 768 is where the jagged edge around the text appears (examples 1 and 2) so he put the Display Resolution on 2560 x 1440 which looks much better. I could leave it like this is I necessary, but I’d rather try to fix the issue if possible. I used Illustrator for a semester and a half before this problem suddenly appeared and it has an annoying habit of following me around on some other computers I use. I checked my GPU settings, but it doesn’t seem to fix the problem if I turn them off or on. Someone suggested it was an anti-aliasing issue and that if exporting select Art Optimized. I did this and it looked fine so many it is anti-aliasing but I’m unsure how to fix this problem.  Example 1.pngExample 2.png

TOPICS
Performance , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 04, 2022 Aug 04, 2022

It's just an on screen issue caused by antialiasing artefacts.

It will go away if you set the blending mode of the black type to Multiply or Darken in the Transparency palette.

Or if you use a rich black like c=50 m=50 y=50 k=100

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. If you export the artwork to png, the exported image has the same issue?

Marlon Ceballos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 11, 2022 Aug 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I export it as a png then it doesn't seem to have the same issue. But it
still looks horrible on my illustrator file. Do you have any idea why this
might be?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's just an on screen issue caused by antialiasing artefacts.

It will go away if you set the blending mode of the black type to Multiply or Darken in the Transparency palette.

Or if you use a rich black like c=50 m=50 y=50 k=100

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wouldnt even go that far. The file and image itself are fine. The monitor is the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I already stated that it's just an on screen display issue.

Can be cured by my suggestions in case one is looking for something "clean" on screen. Basically, it's not necessary at all, of course.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 23, 2022 Sep 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I tried what you suggested and it worked! Just to make sure this issue will not affect my artwork will it? Also, this appears on pretty much any computer I try it on. Is it always there or do you know of any reason it might appear on computers? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines