• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator Graphics Error - Save/Panels Missing

Explorer ,
Aug 17, 2022 Aug 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have had this happen three times in the past week, on two differnt computers. Program will be operating fine and then all the panels vanish and if I try to save my file the save as window is blank.

Keyboard shortcut for save works as long as the file has been saved before (since the save as window is non functional) I have yet to figure out a way to recover the program without restarting it. 

Illustrator Version: 26.4.1

Computer Specs: (as mentioned I've had this happen on two machines)

AMD01 - 

Processor:  AMD Ryzen 9 5950X 16-Core Processor 3.40 GHz

Ram: 64.0 GB

Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060

AMD06 - 

Processor:  AMD Ryzen 9 5950X 16-Core Processor 3.40 GHz

Ram: 64.0 GB

Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650

I have tried:

- Updating Graphics Drivers

- Uninstalling the current version of AI and reverting to the previous copy (26.3.1)

- Backing up & Resetting Preferences

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Oct 18, 2022 Oct 18, 2022

I don't know why Adobe employees are asking you to try different steps to resolve this problem, @Darkerkat, as it's a known bug relating to how Windows handles something called GDI numbers - a fix is available in v27.0, which has just been released.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
New Here ,
Aug 17, 2022 Aug 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here. Only started happening in the last week or so. I have to end Illustrator through task manager once or twice a day because of this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 23, 2022 Aug 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @anthonyj75763014 @Darkerkat 

We are sorry to hear about the trouble you are facing. Would you mind trying a few suggestions & check if that helps or not:

1. Update to Illustartor v26.5
  2. Does resizing the save as dialog box helps?
  3. Try pressing ctrl+e 
  4. Reset Illustrator preferences manually (https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/kb/troubleshoot-preference-issues.html) and then
  5. Rename the CEP folder to CEP.old from the following location:
    /Library/Application Support/Adobe

Rename the UXP folder to UXP.old from the following locations:
    /Library/Application Support/Adobe
    ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe
    Note: Location starting with this "~" sign indicates the User Library, which is hidden. So, you need to copy & paste the exact path in spotlight search or from Finder Menu > Go > Go to Folder > Paste the location in the dialog box like this:

Anshul_Saini_0-1643745929756.png

Let us know how it goes.

I will be looking forward to your response.

Thanks & Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 24, 2022 Aug 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Anshul_Saini ! Thanks for your suggestion, but your solution doesn't work for me 😞

It is an Illustrator problem, not from our computers, because this start to happen since the last 2 updates (26.4.1 / 26.5 versions). Until that point has been works perfectly.
It is very annoying because sometimes if is a new document I can lost all my work... so Adobe should fix this ASAP.
Do have any news about this?

@Darkerkat @anthonyj75763014 Do you found a solution?
Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 26, 2022 Aug 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Anshul_Saini any update about this issue?

It is impossible works of this way. 2 or 3 times at the day collapse.

Makes losing time and work sometimes.

Adobe should have to take seriusly because FOR SURE came with the update 26.4.1 version and remains in the last 26.5 version.

This same error happened a years ago with another version and another computer and Illustrator fixed with an update.
So Adobe should check your history an solve it ASAP.
Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 30, 2022 Aug 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Anshul_Saini thanks for your responce. 

Sorry for the delay, didn't have the error come up for a few days. Its inconsitent and doesn't seem to have just one trigger that causes it. 

I have updated to the latest version of AI.

I'm unable to resize the dialog box. tried re-sizing the window, that didn't work well (more dropout)

Ctrl+e doesnt resolve the issue

Already tried resetting the preferences manually - as mentioned in my original post. I'll go through the process again and wait for the program to fail or report back if it doesnt again, but I dont have high hopes. 

This seems to be a critical program error..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 23, 2022 Aug 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am experiencing a similar problem where the save popup panel and even the dropdown menus are blank after a few hours of work. As mentioned in another comment, the only way to temporarily fix it is if you restart Illustrator, resulting in a few restarts a day.

I also created a post here trying to figure it out: https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator-discussions/increased-performance-problems-and-dropdown-m...

For me, the whole screen section over the artboards even goes black and sometimes fixes when I zoom in and out. And when the dropdown menus go blank, you can sometimes reveal the options by mousing over them.

Save menu blank:

Capture3.PNG

Dropdown menu blank:

Capture.PNG

Mouse over the menu reveals the options (sometimes) :

Capture2.PNG

I have also uninstalled Illustrator, deleted leftover files, reset preferences, and updated all drivers, but the problem persists.

I think Illustrator starts using up the ram, graphics memory or something (even if we have strong computers) and never releases it until we restart Illustrator. That is why it gets worse or starts happening over time as we keep on working in Illustrator.

I will keep looking and hope we find a working solution!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 08, 2022 Sep 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @JP Nel, @Darkerkat, @tikyta,

Thanks for trying the steps suggested by me & Anubhav. Would you all mind trying the following steps in order and let us know if that helps:

1. Close all Adobe applications.
    Manually reset preferences
    Go to Location C:\Users\%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming\Adobe
    - Rename Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Illustrator 26 Settings folders to Adobe Illustrator.old and Adobe Illustrator - 26 Settings.old
  2. Rename the CEP folder to CEP.old from the following location:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe
  3. If that doesn't help, rename the extensions folder to extensions.old in the following location:
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\UXP
  4. Launch Illustrator

If these steps don't help, I would recommend creating a new Admin user account and checking if you run into the issue there as well or not.

Kindly update the discussion if you still need assistance with it. I'd be happy to help.

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 28, 2022 Sep 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Darkerkat @JP Nel @anthonyj75763014  ! Anyone find a solution to this annoying issue?
The solutions from Adobe doesn´t work for me. And I tried several times.

I can´t work anymore whit this issue happens EVERYDAY!!!
And this is an Adobe issue that came whith an update and should be fixed from Adobe.

@Anshul_Sainiany update about this?
Thanks!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 17, 2022 Oct 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @tikyta,

Sorry for the delayed response. If you are still facing this issue, then please share the following details, and I will arrange a callback for you:

• Country & Timezone
  • Phone number with country code
  • Two preferred dates and time

Please send this info over a private message.

To send a private message, click my profile picture and use the " Send a message" button.

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 18, 2022 Oct 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I'm still having this error occur. Had it happen while I was training another designer yesterday. Still dont know what causes it as it seems to happen at random. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also still having the same problem, even after I upgraded from Windows 10 to Windows 11. I have just given up as I have tried all the provided solutions, and I am tired of losing all my settings and preferences (actual work and deadlines still need to be done). Good luck, everyone, we will just have to wait for the mercy of an Adobe Update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know why Adobe employees are asking you to try different steps to resolve this problem, @Darkerkat, as it's a known bug relating to how Windows handles something called GDI numbers - a fix is available in v27.0, which has just been released.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Bowlando , Thank you for your comment! This clears up the mystery problem that has been driving us crazy for a while, and good to know that it has actually been addressed. Everyone can see the release notes here: https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/kb/fixed-issues.html with our problem being the "Options and controls on the Illustrator user interface disappear" being fixed. Thanks again for the comment!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines