• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator 2022 crashing/ Not Responding/ while closing/ exiting on Windows machine

Explorer ,
Nov 10, 2021 Nov 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This wasnt happening on the previous version. This only began the minute I updated. I've reset the prefernces and still nothing. I'm on the latest build for Windows 10 Pro, 21H1, OS build 19043.1348, Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.3920.0

Dont even need to have opened a file. Open the app, close the app it freezes.

Only way to close it is Ending the Process through task manager.

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 29, 2021 Dec 29, 2021

Hi All,

We are sorry about the trouble. I would request you to update to v26.0.2. We have tried to address this issue in this release. If you don't see this update, you may manually check for updates in the Creative Cloud desktop app. Let us know how it goes.

Thanks & Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
replies 127 Replies 127
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 19, 2021 Nov 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, 

Sorry about the trouble. We are currently investigating this issue. I would suggest you upvote this issue here and stay tuned for the updates.

In the meantime, please check out the workaround shared by the "geu26" on this community post (https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator-discussions/illustrator-2022-26-0-1-crashes-on-exit-every... let us know if it helps.

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2021 Nov 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After upgrading to Adobe Illustrator 22 every time I try to close an application, it does not respond or close. I can only close it through Task Manager. Also, it does not save recently opened files because of this.

How do I fix it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

have you tried uninstalling and installing Adobe Illustrator again? Have you also encountered a similar problem with other software in the Adobe suite?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

reinstalling did not solve the problem

No, this problem is only with Adobe Illustrator

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you also tried restting your preferences..?

https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/user-guide.html/illustrator/using/setting-preferences.ug.html

And also use the cleaner tool when uninstalling/reinstalling:

Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner tool to solve installation problems

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2021 Nov 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Resetting preferences helped

Thank You!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2021 Nov 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Resetting preferences didn't help me. The only file type I can save is EPS, trying PDF or AI just locks it up and can only close through Task Manager. Help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 08, 2021 Nov 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me, any pop-up I try to open, including Preferences, gets closed down automatically, right before it opens. This includes saving, creating a new file and so on. Every box that has to be opened on top of the program screen gets closed down. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 09, 2021 Nov 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Staci and Octavior,

are we sorry that you are still experiencing problems with Adobe Illustrator? Have you tried uninstalling and installing the software again? I suggest you use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There, After the last update i am experiencing the same. By closing down i will stop responding. Tried all below, have the feeling it has to do with the latest update. Please check. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 11, 2021 Nov 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same pb for me, on win 10.0.18363 
Illustrator 2022 has to be closed with task manager.
GTX 1660 ti graphic card driver has been updated, preferences have been reset and Illustrator has been desintalled and re-installed.
When looking at "AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Illustrator 26 Settings\fr_FR\x64" folder, the preference file seems to be updated and saved correctly.
Going back to illustrator 2021 while waiting for a fix.
Thx!
Win 10 Pro - Intel Xeon CPU e5-1650 - 3.20 Ghz - 64 Go Ram - GTX 1660 ti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 01, 2021 Dec 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @patpix17@Flexible BV, @octavior80716961  & @Staci5EE0,

Sorry about the trouble. I would request you all to try our latest Prerelease build, v26.0.2, in which we have tried to address this issue.

Please follow the instructions below to get this:
1. If you are not already part of the Illustrator Prerelease program, then please click this link to join the prerelease – https://www.adobeprerelease.com/beta/85A6F544-2705-49BD-8314-DD549C6A1713
2. Accept Prerelease Agreement
3. Go to Creative Cloud Desktop and look for Prerelease in the Apps section.
4. Install/Update to Illustrator Prerelease 26.0.2 from Creative Cloud Desktop Pre-Release Tab (This will not replace the existing installation of Release build of Illustrator)

Please let us know whether this issue is fixed for you in this prerelease build or not.

This build also contains fixes for stability, security, and some other reported issues.

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2021 Dec 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That didn't work either. New newest Beta version available to me is the 26.0 and after I installed it I got a pop up that the build had expired and then it closed automatically. This has been going on for too long!! I need to be able to do my job with the app that I pay BIG MONEY to have!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 03, 2021 Dec 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I undersatnd your frustation. It is a Prerelease, not a Beta release. Please try the below suggestions to resolve this:

1. "Check for Updates" option in the Updates section of the Creative Cloud Desktop app.
  2. If you have not signed in to adobeprerelese.com recently, then sign in and accept Prerelease Agreement.
  3. Make sure you are using the same Adobe ID in Creative Cloud as the one used to join pre-release.
  4.  Sign out of the creative cloud. Restart your system. Sign-in into the Creative Cloud and try the 1st steps.

Anshul_Saini_0-1638566576969.png

5. If that doesn't help, you may uninstall Creative Cloud using the CC Cleaner tool & reinstall it from here.

6. If that doesn't help either, I would like to know if you are using a business account or a personal account?

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 08, 2021 Dec 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,
Unfortunately, the test couldn't be done.
Regards

[cid:25c6c3c5-d5c3-472c-9894-3547df377bd1]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 09, 2021 Dec 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for replying. Are you unable to install or access the prerelease? Could you please describe what you mean by "The test couldn't be done"?

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 09, 2021 Dec 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am experiencing the exact same problem. My fix has been to turn off my computer's wifi before opening Illustrator. Wifi can be turned back on once Illustrator has opened. This problem started with the latest Windows upgrade and appears not to be a problem that belongs to Illustrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2021 Nov 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No se porque que se da el problema, solo me pasa al cerrar el programa, alguna soluciòn que me puedan brindar porfavor.ty.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which system is it?

Did you already reset the preferences (this will destroy all your settings)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 15, 2021 Nov 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry about the trouble. I would like to know if the steps suggested above by @sishamIAGD & @Monika Gause worked for you? If not, I would request you to share a few more details like:

• OS and the exact version of Illustrator
  • Are there any recent changes made to your system? For example, any antivirus, system updates, plugins, or web extensions installed recently.

Also, you may try running the app in the Hidden Admin account (Windows) and see if you are able to close Illustrator without this error.

We'll be looking forward to your response.

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 24, 2021 Nov 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem, and none of these solutios worked for me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 01, 2021 Dec 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @johnatanmoran & @henry5EA5,

Sorry about the trouble. I would request you both to try our latest Prerelease build, v26.0.2, in which we have tried to address this issue.

Please follow the instructions below to get this:
1. If you are not already part of the Illustrator Prerelease program, then please click this link to join the prerelease – https://www.adobeprerelease.com/beta/85A6F544-2705-49BD-8314-DD549C6A1713
2. Accept Prerelease Agreement
3. Go to Creative Cloud Desktop and look for Prerelease in the Apps section.
4. Install/Update to Illustrator Prerelease 26.0.2 from Creative Cloud Desktop Pre-Release Tab (This will not replace the existing installation of Release build of Illustrator)

Please let us know whether this issue is fixed for you in this prerelease build or not.

This build also contains fixes for stability, security, and some other reported issues.

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 20, 2022 Sep 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same problem I've looked through five pages on this thread and keep seeing the recommendation to install 26.0.2 as the fix. I'm running Windows 10 and Illustrator 26.5 and the problem still exists in the latest version. I have to use Task Manager to end the task - every time... Perhaps I'm missing something, but figured the bug would have been fixed by this version. Suggestions???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 22, 2022 Sep 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Laura Lee26153210muf6,

We are sorry for the trouble. Would you mind resetting Illustrator preferences? If that doesn't work, try the steps suggested in this YouTube video and let us know how it goes.

I will be looking forward to your response.

Thanks & Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines