Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator is crashing with text tool and does not save

New Here ,
Nov 26, 2021 Nov 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

I have de latest version of Illustrator , but I have problems if I want to use the text tool, it crashes and does not let me write anything.

Also if I want to save a document gives me an error so I can't save anything.

What can I do??

Thank you

TOPICS
Bug , Feature request , Performance , Sync and storage , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would have been more useful if you would have just written that short message into your post, because then we could have translated it and searched for it.

If the crashes only happen with the text tool and any text related functionality, I would check the fonts. Also: in case you have font management running: is it compatible with your version of Illustrator?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the answer.

Now Illustrator is crashing constantly, the folder with the fonts seems ok, or what do i need to check?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every single font might get corrupted.

That's something you can check.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think the probleem is there, because I just click in de text tool and before even write something it crashes, the same if i want to save something.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 27, 2021 Nov 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry about the crashing! I know that's really frustrating. I would request you to share a few more details like:

• Please confirm the exact version of Illustrator and OS installed on your machine currently
    • Does it crash while working on a specific file & with a particular font? Which is your default font in Illustrator?
    • Are you using any Font manager application?
    • Where are your files saved (Network Drive/ System HDD/ Shared Folder on System/ External HDD)?
    • Submit the crash report by following the steps suggested here (https://helpx.adobe.com/in/illustrator/kb/crash-next-steps.html).
      While submitting the crash report, please use the same email address with which you are signed in on this community. This will help us find the crash report and help accordingly.

Also, you may try the steps shared on this community page (https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator/how-to-fix-crash-on-launch-in-illustrator/td-p/12213344) & helpx article (https://helpx.adobe.com/in/fonts/kb/troubleshoot-fonts-illustrator-indesign.html). Additionally, you may try running the app in Safe Mode  (MacWindows) & Root/ Hidden Admin account (MacWindows) to check if it is crashing there as well or not.

We will be looking forward to your response.

Thanks & Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 29, 2021 Nov 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Anshul

I have currently also problems with Photoshop, I can save the documents but the text tool is not working like in Illustrator.

I already reset the preferences in both programs.

I have the latest version of Illustrator 26.0.1, version Photoshop 23.0.2

I save the files in the System HDD

I don't have Font manager application.

My computer:

Device name LAPTOP-GKB5R3VF
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 5500U with Radeon Graphics 2.10 GHz
Installed RAM 16,0 GB (15,3 GB usable)
Device ID 617F26F2-8D3E-4465-8C31-371213B9BF9E
Product ID 00325-97222-17170-AAOEM
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

Edition Windows 10 Home
Version 20H2
Installed on ‎17/‎10/‎2021
OS build 19042.1348
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.3920.0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 29, 2021 Nov 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 01, 2021 Dec 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for sharing the details, @mayra21800174tbkg. I would suggest you uninstall the applications using the CC Cleaner tool and reinstall from the Creative Cloud Desktop app. Let me know how it goes after doing this.

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines