Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

illustrator is freezing

New Here ,
Jan 25, 2022 Jan 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

everytime I copy slightly bigger graphs (couple of 100 datapoints) to Illustrator the programm constantly freezes almost after every action. The computer im using should have enough memory and computing power to handle that. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 25, 2022 Jan 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Lars226901806mh5,

We are sorry to hear about your experience. I would request you to please share a few more details like:

• The exact version of OS & Illustrator
  • From where are you copying the graphs?
  • Does this happen while pasting graphs from a specific file? If yes, would it be possible for you to share the download link of this file here or via DM?
  • Was this happening with the previous version of Illustrator as well?
  • Where is this graph file saved (Network Drive/ System HDD/ Shared Folder on System/ External HDD)?
  • Are there any recent changes made to your system? For example, any antivirus, system updates, plugins, or web extensions installed recently.

We are here to help. We just need more information.

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 26, 2022 Jan 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are sorry to hear about your experience. I would request you to please share a few more details like:

* The exact version of OS & Illustrator
* its version 26.0.2(64 bit)
* From where are you copying the graphs?
* the graphs are copied from matlab (mathworks) figures

* Does this happen while pasting graphs from a specific file?
* no it happens with most of the bigger graphs (more than a couple of thousand datapoints) copied from Matlab figures
* If yes, would it be possible for you to share the download link of this file here or via DM?
* please find attached files with randomly generated graphs with 10000 and 100000 datapoints
* Was this happening with the previous version of Illustrator as well?
* with illustrator CS5 I could handle graphs with several million datapoints on this PC. Whith CS5 I sometimes had to refresh the preview but no freezing like this. the computer is a Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7820HQ CPU @ 2.90GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia Quadro M1200 4GB and runs on Win 10
* Where is this graph file saved (Network Drive/ System HDD/ Shared Folder on System/ External HDD)?
* the graphs are saved locally, freezing already occurs when the file isnt saved yet
* Are there any recent changes made to your system? For example, any antivirus, system updates, plugins, or web extensions installed recently.
* nothing besides standard windows updates

Best Lars

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 26, 2022 Jan 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing the details. I am afraid you cannot attach some file format to the community post. I would request you to upload them to Google Drive/ Dropbox/ Creative Cloud or any similar service and share the download link.

Looking forward to it.

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 28, 2022 Jan 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

here the dropbox link to the files https://www.dropbox.com/t/eudi0gS4X1pmIomD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 03, 2022 Feb 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

it seems that it is freezing just when using the normal preview mode (GPU), when using the CPU preview it works way better.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines